Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've yet to see them anywhere, I'm going to make up some backlit door sills. I plan to do them out of either aluminum or stainless steel, depending on cost.

Would anyone else be interested in them? I will be doing up a kit for the Spectra5 (which I'm sure will fit the Spectra sedan), but if there is enough interest I can put together packages for other Kia vehicles.

I've included a couple of pictures below for you to get an idea of what I mean. The first one is an example of what a sill plate will look like (from another vehicle), the 2nd one shows how it looks when lit up, and the 3rd is the design I would use for the Spectra5 sill plate. You'd be able to pick what colors you wanted for the lighting - personally I'm sticking with Kia red logo and a blue Spectra5 text for mine. They will be lit with Electro-Luminescent tape, so power requirements will be miniscule.

Anyway, if you're interested, feel free to leave a comment here with the following info:

1) Vehicle type & year
2) Text / Logo or both
3) Aluminum or stainless steel preference
4) Number of sills you'd want (2 or 4, or more if you wanted!)

I'll stop by the shop tomorrow and find out costs and post them back here once I've got an estimate. I hope it's something everyone would like!

Example Kit:
[attachmentid=431]

Example Lit:
[attachmentid=432]

Spectra5 Design:
[attachmentid=433]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
if i had an 04 or 05 i would.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm not going to limit it to only the 04/05 models. I have access through my dealer to all of the models from 2000 on - so I can measure and produce for other models too if needed. :) Just let me know what vehicle you'd want it for!

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts
I have a 99 sephia... well an 01 spectra but thas my daily driver so not to to many mods going into it....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The company I use to get my metals custom cut is in the process of moving their shop to a new building, so I'm kinda on hold with these.

BUT, I will be making versions for any Kia that anyone wants them for, from 2000 and up (and any models that are the same as a 2000 version).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I met with the guys who will do the cutting, and they are pumped to get these out in the market with me. We should have some prototypes made within 2 weeks.

Oh, and one more cool thing. We'll be able to put any logo you want in, so if you want one that has different text or logo, we'll be able to accomodate most designs. So we'll be able to pretty much do custom one-off jobs if you're just itching for your own design.

I can make them in aluminum (to be painted), or even diamondplate if you like that kind of look. They are trying to find a source for me that has a thin enough brushed and/or polished aluminum that is suitable for this type of job, so we won't have those right away....

I'll post pics when the prototypes are in stock. We're getting close now!

Devin

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would absolutely love to have a set of these for my 2006 Spectra. (minus the 5, of course...since I have a sedan)
How much would it cost?

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts
ok i got an 05 now how mcuh when will they be ready?

·
Registered
87 Posts
on the door sill, when you open the door and look down it goes where the plastic piece covers the transision of the carpet to the body

1 - 13 of 13 Posts