Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Seltos
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2017 Sorento coming up to Lease End in May. The Sorento has been great but was in an accident 2 weeks after I bought it. It was repaired by a KIA Dealer. Has anyone had any issues with Kia on turning in their vehicle that has been in an accident?
From what I gather, you just drop the vehicle off at your dealer but the KIA Rep is not there to see what they might charge you for.

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
324 Posts
I've never leased a KIA, but for all the other lease returns I have done in my life, there is always a rep available to complete a physical report on the vehicle condition. Normally you must make an appointment for this. Phone the dealership and if the receptionist cannot seem to help you out, ask for the business office. Pretty much every dealership has 2-3 folks who do this.

The accident will be a non-issue, provided it was repaired properly, the work was done legally, and it was a CLOSED END lease. Sounds like you are OK there as the dealer did the repairs for you.

Do not leave the dealer without the written condition report. Make sure you have all your remote keys and owner's manuals, spare tire/jack, etc, as well.

·
Registered
2021 Seltos
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rio. I found that Kia's contract service will do a Pre Inspection. The dealership will only take the keys. So having the pre inspection done Wednesday and will turn it into the dealer Thursday. I'll update later my experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts