Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does your local dealer charge for Kia keyless entry remotes?

My Kia dealer wants $99 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (00 Sportage, 02 Sedona).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found another keyless entry remote site online that I'm willing to give a shot - www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

The KR site wants $59 a piece for the 02 Sedona remote, and they're less than 1/2 that price on ThePartsYouNeed site with the instructions included. I ordered 1 this morning.

https://www.thepartsyouneed.com/displayProd...?productId=1320

I'll keep you guys posted. If it works good, I'm going to order one for my Sportage as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my remote from ThePartsYouNeed.com in the mail today. 5 days isn't bad especially when one was a Sunday.

Programming was easy, took about 10 seconds. I can't believe a dealership would charge 1/2 hour of labor for a 10 second job. Thats a good way to lose customers.

Anyhow, the remote works great and when I went to put in an order for remote for the Sportage I noticed I got free shipping, so I bought a 2nd remote for the Sedona and a pair for the Sportage. FINALLY, I will have remotes that work and that I can use.

ThePartsYouNeed.com rocks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a notification today that one of those ebay sellers was suspended (probably for the same issue with other people). I'm doubt there is any recourse to get my money back, but at least nobody else gets burned. I found something else odd out today too. On another forum, somebody mentioned that they had pretty badly limited range with their remote, but if they aimed the remote at their chin, they could get the car to lock and unlock from about 80 ft away.

I tried it when I was headed back to my car from the mall today, and it works...lol. Probably will get brain cancer now...but it about triples the range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the Sportage remotes in the mail yesterday. They programmed easy, and adding the 2nd remote to the Sedona wasn't difficult at all. :clap:

I wish I knew about ThePartsYouNeed.com before I wasted time and money on ebay junk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yikes - Check out the feedback for one of the people that ripped me off on ebay - Eagles_Wingz

I guess I got off easy compared to some of the others who bought from him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm wondering what year your sportage is that you got the remote for. I have a 2005 LX and am considering taking your advice, but want to know if it will work for this model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts