Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt-Line
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I’m new to the site. I hope I’m in the right place.

I got the new 2021 Kia K5 GT-Line.
when I try and charge my phone, it never even lights up. I’ve bought 2 cases for my phone. I recently just got the thinnest iPhone case I’ve ever seen and it doesn’t charge at all. I have the new iPhone 12 Pro Max. I believe the only thing possible is that the new iPhone is .2 inches bigger than the other, so maybe the charging pad isn’t line up with the phone?
Is there a possibility that I can take it to Kia and they fix the height of the pad?
The location of my charger isn’t in the compartment below the radio, its infront of the console. And the phone goes into a slot where it charges.
I really hope for answers :( what’s the point if it doesn’t even charge my phone....

Also, when I take my iPhone out of the case, it seems to charge, but is sensitive. Any movement and it stops charging.

·
Registered
2021 K5 EX
8 Posts
It’s not the case thickness. I had a 12 pro max briefly, and I had to lift it about 3/4” to charge reliably. Cut a piece of cardboard the size of the phone, roll up the bottom about 3/4”, insert it in the slot and then slip the phone in.

test it by lifting the phone manually, and you’ll see what I mean.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt-Line
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s not the case thickness. I had a 12 pro max briefly, and I had to lift it about 3/4” to charge reliably. Cut a piece of cardboard the size of the phone, roll up the bottom about 3/4”, insert it in the slot and then slip the phone in.

test it by lifting the phone manually, and you’ll see what I mean.
Oh my god. Thank you so much. I’ll take a look at this immediately. I would have thought the iPhone was too high up to begin with

1 - 4 of 4 Posts