Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any body brought there car from this dealership?

if so what did you think of them and did you encounter any problems?

i only ask as ive just phoned them up as ive been waiting nearly a week since the supposed delivery date.

first it was last friday, then it was should be here by wednesday (2 days ago) then it was definatly today. now it might be monday

starting to loose my patience with them

·
Registered
56 Posts
My fren, that's not consider long waiting.
For malaysian, the waiting time some can go even a year still no car......... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Doesn't just seem to be just your dealer the dealer I am using said that delivery would be on Wednesday then Friday now early next week. Phoned up Kia uk and was told that they had informed all the dealers that there is a four week wait for cars and that they should have informed the customers about this (dont know if this is true)

Kia then told me they would find out the definate delivery date for my car and phone me back two hours later turned out that I had to phone them back the next day good customer service!

Today they told me that my car would definately be at the showroom sometime next week before Friday probably Monday or Tuesday seems like they don't even know when they are going to deliver the cars, but they said they would put my car as a priority delivery Said they would get onto my dealer to make sure that I get the Free insurance offer even if the car arrives late.

Suggest you phone up Kia and find out what is happening to your car there phone number is 0800 77 57 77

Will update on the situation early next week

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well went into my dealership 2day. to be told that i may get my car today haha or any time this week.

i was told i was in a queue with 39 other customers as well, whcih was reasuring :haha:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Said I would update early in the week but have only just found out any real news. Funny after being assured that the car would be delivered by this Friday (tomorrow) at the latest by Kia it seems that this delivery has now slipped till early next week. Funny Kia seems to have just missed the free insurance deadline I'm sure they tried hard to get it here on time

Anyway my dealer phoned me with this information and is registering the car before it arrives so that I get the free insurance so if my dealer can do this the other dealers that people are using can do this to so I would phone them up today and try to arrange it.

Feel very let down by Kia seems they have little regard for customer service

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think that the same thing is happening with me, with them registering the car prior to it arriving so it can be driven away quicker.

ive had 3 more delivery dates, and my car actually arrived then dissapeared!!! phoned up to be told they had had a delivey and my car was on it, phoned up and hr later, as requested to be told by someone else that my car might be getting there the next day, which is today.

if i wernt desperate and relying on the new car as mine is shot to pieces, cant reverse, id cancel my order

hopefully will be picking my car up tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
congratulations on finally getting your picanto from that most trusted and reliable dealer (did that sound sarcastic?), I am really pleased that you finally got sorted out, i hope you got some extras for the car as compensation.

i have been waiting for my picanto from hidsons rainham for about the same length of time.
When i ordered it on sunday the 11th, I was told it was in stock, however i was then a week later told it was in the docks awaiting pdi.
then i was told it hadn't been delivered to the country and have been fobbed off again and again. It's now the 30th and i'm still waiting.
I traded my 53 reg rio, and took it to the dealership on the 17th, as my insurance run out, expecting delivery, as they knew I was coming, andi had been told it was in stock. After signing the rio documents over, i was told delivery would be now tuesday the 20th.
No paperwork was finalised, therefore i assumed I still held ownership of the rio as no payment to me had been made.
However on returning to the dealership yet again yesterday, after being fobbed off several times about delivery dates, i was amazed to see my rio on the forecourt for sale, even though i had not been paid for it, and am still paying the finance (until it's change over). I am seriously considering cancelling my order, but they have my car for sale, how legal is this?.
i finally got them to give me a courtesy car, but still have no final date for delivery, probably because this would be false anyway.
They have registered my car, so i am covered by the free insurance, when i get it, but that's no good without the car.
sorry for the long post, but it's been a long month, without my new car.

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
who did you deal with?

i got the same sort of answers about it being late, out of the country etc.

the best thing i can suggest is phone them up ALOT, when i picked up my car G.Smith said that he was still waitin for a particular car, and i think he may have been tryin to say that i was pushed to the front of the list. i phoned them near enough everyday until i got my car.

good luck.

ps no only thing i got free was spare wheel, as i was too young for the free insurqance, and 7 day insurance had to go in my dads name as well!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I bough my picanto here and thought they were pretty good. I ordered a red 1.0gs and was told that I would likely have to wait 10 weeks for it to be delivered but offered me a selection of other colours that I could have within two so I selected black (I hate metallic paint) They gave me a date four days before it would be ready and it was. Only downside was when I did go to collect my car it was missing! Turns out one of the staff went to bring it up from storage and nipped off to the petrol station and put half a tank in it. It had seven miles on the clock when I got it but it was all ready to go and they presented my wife with a bouqet of flowers. I thought the service was good, but I'll find out how good when I get mine serviced in May. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts