Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
Just to know more regarding this car model KIA Rio Hatchback 1.5L?
Is it Ok or not? How long have you been driving this car? Need to know more abt it? :(

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi everyone, just want to share my joy with you. We are collecting our KIA Rio 1.5L Hatchback (Rally blue) in the beginning june. Wow, so excited.... Must dream of my car every night before I sleep. Poison by KIA liao... :grin:
I hope it does not give me problem for these 2 to 3 years...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by Michelle@May 27 2005, 11:12 AM
Hi everyone, just want to share my joy with you. We are collecting our KIA Rio 1.5L Hatchback (Rally blue) in the beginning june. Wow, so excited.... Must dream of my car every night before I sleep. Poison by KIA liao... :grin:
I hope it does not give me problem for these 2 to 3 years...
I guess it depends on your luck for Korea cars. I'm driving the same make manual and mileage done oni 14k km for 15mths. Guess wat, beside the bearable a/c erractic, alarm kong off, door can't open, squeaky sound and windscreen leaks water etc, currently I'm facing engine prob which mis-fire for no reason. C&C and even the Korea manufacturer are unable to provide me a solution for it till now. I'm going to have my auto(valve) lifter(which controls the tappet) and also the exhaust front section changed which are giving me probs. Mass air flow sensor changed and currently the car is still not in the pink of her health. I have another fourm member which has the stalling problem and still pending for solution. I have another fourm member elswhere with a brand new picanto auto stalling with mileage done oni less than 1k km. So I guess it boils down to your luck, I know of some members' ride serving them faithfully too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi everyone,

Do you have a more easy method N accurate method to test whether our car with high fuel consumption? Pls advise!
We have top-up to full tank when it runs to 245. And now, it runs to 435, the fuel drop by 1/4. Is this consider as high fuel consumption.
I am new with car. Need advise thanks! Sorry if you find my questions are stupid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by Michelle@Jun 13 2005, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone,

Do you have a more easy method N accurate method to test whether our car with high fuel consumption? Pls advise!
We have top-up to full tank when it runs to 245. And now, it runs to 435, the fuel drop by 1/4. Is this consider as high fuel consumption.
I am new with car. Need advise thanks! Sorry if you find my questions are stupid.
If u wanna monitor your F/C, always re-set the trip meter after filling up to full tank. So when the next time you pump to full again, the mileage done divided by the no. of litres you have pumped will give you the Fuel Consumption.
From you mail, you have done 190km (435-245) for 1/4 tank of petrol. Seems very impressive if my calculation is correct ard 14km/l!!!???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CKCorona, tks for your reply. M gg 2 try out yr method below next time. Tks! I do hope my doesn't wif high F/C. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh my! I really regret buying manual car. I should have chosen the auto one instead. Can anyone advise whether is it possible to have the gear box change (to 2 functional_manual & auto or just auto will do). How much will that cost ? Sorry if I ask a stupid question. Just regret..... :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts