Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 LX Sportage AWD Mineral/Silver; 2008 Suzuki Burgman 650
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share with everyone a conversation I had today with the Kia Fuel Economy Ratings Adjustment Program Center at 855.912.5648. After I entered my VIN no. I got the following message: The VIN you have entered has not had a fuel economy ratings adjustment or was not sold within the program period. If you believe your vehicle should be included, double-check the accuracy of the VIN you have entered or contact the Kia Fuel Economy Ratings Adjustment Program Center at 855.912.5648 and we will be happy to investigate the matter further for you.
So I called the Program Center and challenged them regarding my 2011 AWD Kia not being eligible for the adjustment program since the best MPG I have ever gotten was lower than the lowest MPG advertised on the Sticker on the car that was 21.0mpg - 28mpg. The answer I was ultimately given was unbelievable and made me down right fighting mad. :mad:
Of course I got the old depends on how you drive garbage we know first but I was eventually told that the 21mpg - 28mpg printed on the Sticker of the vehicle is only an estimated value and is not the true mpg a 2011 Kia Sportage should be getting. THE KIA REP REPORTS AND THE KIA ADJUSTMENT PROGRAM SUPPORTS MY KIA SHOULD BE GETTING 18 - 23mpg and my Kia averaging 20.5 mpg within Kias calculations and my Kia was not eligible for the adjustment program because the 21mpg - 28mpg on the Sticker is ONLY an Estimate.
Now I like my little AWD Kia and all the goodies I have on it but believe me I would have looked at a few other larger vehicles before I purchased the Sportage if I knew I was not going to average somewhere in the middle of what the Sticker advertised, 21mpg - 28mpg.

·
Registered
02 Sportage, 95 Trans Am, 05 Crossfire, 04 Venture
253 Posts
My lil' Kia 2.0L 4-cylinder SUV gets 15mpg. Kia didn't hide that fact because it is on the window sticker. During this period, 2002ish, Kia did not hide nearly as much. Unfortunately Kia appears to be more decieving than ever today in an attempt to revamp its new image on the new vehicle designs. I giggle when I read through some of the major design flaws that were overlooked.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,763 Posts
My lil' Kia 2.0L 4-cylinder SUV gets 15mpg. Kia didn't hide that fact because it is on the window sticker. During this period, 2002ish, Kia did not hide nearly as much. Unfortunately Kia appears to be more decieving than ever today in an attempt to revamp its new image on the new vehicle designs. I giggle when I read through some of the major design flaws that were overlooked.
Do you have a couple of examples of these major design flaws?

Please update your profile detail, ........at least location and vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts