Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a crash accident I was going around 60 mile pear hour and I car stopped in front of me I slammed on the break but they didn't work so I tried to avoid the crash and turn on the right side of the car but I crash into him and the driver front side of the car was totally damaged ( half front bumper + hood + driver front side + engine + chasi + transmission ) The airbag did not deploy in this crash and I had my face slammed in the wind shield, can I know why the airbag didn't now work !! The is fully wrecked !!

·
Registered
54 Posts
First of all, glad you're ok. Secondly, please take what I write not as an insult or disbelief. I'm trying to lend how that picture would be viewed professionally, by Kia, an insurance adjuster, etc.

Not seeing the car in person but magnifying the picture as much as possible, that's not a 60mph impact. You may have been doing 60mph when this took place but you certainly slowed down before impact. The chassis rail looks nearly intact. So you "submarined" on impact. Your bumper/chassis went under the bumper of the vehicle you hit. It wasn't direct bumper to bumper/chassis to chassis impact. The strongest part of the impacted vehicle - bumper/chassis, impacted the weaker part of your car - radiator support/hood etc. A 60 mph impact directly into the chassis would have left you severely injured or more likely, worse. Just look at crash test videos on YouTube of ANY vehicle. That's 35-40mph. A 60 mph impact into weak structure certainly would have been "worse." I've seen this many a time. I recall right off the top of my head, a Benz M-Class that hit the back of a tractor/trailer. Basically "submarined" under the back of the trailer, impacting above the bumper into the hood, top of the engine and even tweaking the firewall. No airbags deployed.

Again, glad you're ok but as a former professional viewing a picture and not the vehicle in person, that's what I see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
FormerAdvisr
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing