Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Forte EX with Nav
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 2016 Kia Forte Ex with navigation. What options do I have to get apple car play. Kia does not offer a upgrade to this model.

Thanks
bluelogic

·
Registered
2016 Kia Forte EX with Nav
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did some research and it is plug and play, since the VSS in on the factory harness to the navigation. I would just have to use the iDatalink HRN-RR-HK1 Factory Integration Adapter with the iDatalink Maestro RR Interface Module. Crutchfield mentioned they would wire the pink wire for me if I got the ready harness. There is a Metra adapter to retain the charging port as well.

So this is only been through conversation with Crutchfield has anyone tried this?

bluelogic

·
Registered
kia forte k3 2016
1 Posts
for
I did some research and it is plug and play, since the VSS in on the factory harness to the navigation. I would just have to use the iDatalink HRN-RR-HK1 Factory Integration Adapter with the iDatalink Maestro RR Interface Module. Crutchfield mentioned they would wire the pink wire for me if I got the ready harness. There is a Metra adapter to retain the charging port as well.

So this is only been through conversation with Crutchfield has anyone tried this?

bluelogic
LHD cerato there are tesla style and 9inch display available as from 200usd with plug and play OEM cables try do a search on your side to find a suitable seller , i am getting mine a 9inch display pretty soon, as i have right hand drive version a pity i could get a tesla screen

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,927 Posts
for

LHD cerato there are tesla style and 9inch display available as from 200usd with plug and play OEM cables try do a search on your side to find a suitable seller , i am getting mine a 9inch display pretty soon, as i have right hand drive version a pity i could get a tesla screen
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/update-vehicle-information.342909/#post-2012499

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts