Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Quantum Kit Car / Pica-Sport
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am thinking of fitting Kia fog lamps to my Pica - ~£69 for a kit in UK. The kit includes the switch-I assume the wiring is in the loom already but how do you remove the blanking plates in the bumper? :liebe011:

ozza

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Blanking plates need cutting out...
Also they've not p[rewired the dash wiring for about 1 year, the kit was made unavailable once this was spotted.
Need to make your own loom up.

·
Registered
Quantum Kit Car / Pica-Sport
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting.. The kit is currently available from my local dealer-to supply and fit is ~£150 ! Electrics are not a problem for me, but how neat can you be cutting a plastic bumper!!
Can`t see a dealer cutting out plus making wiring with a relay etc for ~£69 labour.

Maybe you can get some aftermarket lamps that can fitted flush through a custom cut hole.. Will keep looking.

Thanks.. ozza :liebe011:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Before they changed the wiring in the picanto it was all there! simple, cut holes, plug relay and switch in job done.
Maybe they've not been asked to fit one to a later model yet, simple way to see if your prewired or not, pop out the switch blank in the console above stereo, if theres a plug, then your laughing.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
4 Posts
the blanking plates on the front bumper should be cut out perfectly to avoid any mis fit, you may use a thin metal saw or high powered drill cutter. wiring is not pre installed, you have to make your own wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts