Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, How would you feel if you were in this situation? 2010 Kia Forte Coupe, 30,000 miles, Fuel Pump Defected, Towed to dealership, Found out rental car is not covered while vehicle is being repaired for a two days. Cost is $24.99 a day for rental, Paid for Oil Change $29.95. Ask about rental coverage at minimum for inconvenence, Was forward to customer care, District Manager refuses to cover cost of rental. Contact corporate offices (, refusal again, claims its not Policy....
Contact Dealership Service to let them know. They are Shocked that I was not taken care of for the minimal amount asking for coverage, no coupons, no free service, nothing. They cant believe that Kia would walk a customer because there lack of Customer service whie under warrently and at no fault of the owner.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,357 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Just recently my company car, a Ford, was checked in for a routine service, during which they found a warranty repair was needed to the transmission. They did not have parts on hand for this - I was forced to use a rental for ten days.

Of course I wasn't happy about this, but did not gripe to them or anyone else, because a rental was not part of the warranty conditions.

Higher priced cars may have a rental car written into the warranty agreements, but my Ford doesn't fall into that category.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
this is the case with many warranties, but if its your selling dealer they may provide one as a courtesy to you. Always need to read your warranty manual careful so you know what to expect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts