Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Kia Finance today since I paid off my Sportage EX with my last payment. I asked if they are mailng me my title since it is paid off, but they said I live in a state that does electronic titles. The representative informed me I will have to take a letter that Kia is sending me about the lien waiver and that I will need to get a printed copy of the title at the DMV. I have never had to do this with past vehicles before, am I going to have to PAY to receive my own title? This seems like BS since I've never had to do this before.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is this Kia's way of getting out of having to pay $80 or whatever it will cost me to get a title for my own car that I just paid off? I got stuck both ways as I had to pay $80 for a copy of the title on the car I traded in when I bought the Kia back in Feb 2012.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
I live in Pa, and I had to do the same thing for my 2005 Tucson. My Ex walked out, took the car to Mississippi. With 120k miles on it, I told her to pay it off (about 8k, and I'd let her keep it) Once she did, I called the bank, and they sent me a letter to take to the MV, and I got the title. I don't remember paying anything for it? But, maybe I did,,, either way it was good riddance to me. So, I don't know if it was Hyundai, the bank, or the MV dept that required this? But, I thought it was a little odd too :confused:

Then again unlike NY, it also costs more to register my S-10 pickup, a truck, in PA. then a car :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
So is this Kia's way of getting out of having to pay $80 or whatever it will cost me to get a title for my own car that I just paid off? I got stuck both ways as I had to pay $80 for a copy of the title on the car I traded in when I bought the Kia back in Feb 2012.
Why not blame your DMV?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,954 Posts
Sounds like a Liberal state..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts