Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,813 Posts
Here's the pages from the manual covering the four wheel alignment.

Note that you'll need shims for caster and camber adjustment - I guess you could make them.

I'll translate the key measurements shortly.

Front:
Toe Out 2.5 +- 2.5 mm
Camber -0.25 deg +- 0.25 deg
Caster +1.25 deg +- 0.25 deg

Rear:
Toe In 1.5 ~ 2.0 mm
Caster -0.5 deg

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron

PS....still trying to locate the extra set of pinion boots but can't seem to locate. We moved a couple of months ago and I for the life of me can't find them....sorry. If I locate I will let you know. The Moog ones that were listed in the thread work fine as well.

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
Elan M100, Evora, Focus.
10 Posts
Ron.

The suspension looks to be the same set up as fitted to the Lotus?

Castor shims are just swapped from front to rear. Number of shims remain the same.

I think I have a spare set of camber shims that I had remade a few years ago. somewhere if anyone needs them.

The Lotus manual gives dimensions of the shims.

Ron. would you be able to let me have a copy of the Kia service manual?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,813 Posts
Ron.

The suspension looks to be the same set up as fitted to the Lotus?

Castor shims are just swapped from front to rear. Number of shims remain the same.

I think I have a spare set of camber shims that I had remade a few years ago. somewhere if anyone needs them.

The Lotus manual gives dimensions of the shims.

Ron. would you be able to let me have a copy of the Kia service manual?
My understanding is a few alignment settings are not the same, possibly to do with the Kia's higher ride height.

PM sent re: the service manual.

·
Registered
Elan/Vigato/Roadster
45 Posts
The damper and spring sprecs are different to the Lotus. We have also distance rings at the rear to lift the back further. That said the aftermarket solutions like GAZ dampers works also with ours if you keep the springs for example.

The alignment from the Lotus could also serve as a target of the main setup, but I would highly recommend to go to a professional motorsport garage for a custom setup. It will allow you to double the cornering speed and to free the potential of the layout/car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts