Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi group. Im thinking of buying the drop down DVD player from Kia for an 03 Sorento. Anybody have one and is it worth it? I also see they sell a headrest DVD player, and I have also seen non-Kia DVD players that wrap around the headrests and some have 2 LCD screens. Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 VW Tiguan (sold my Sorento)
355 Posts
Hi

I've got a roof mounted DVD if that's what you mean ? It's an unbranded unit fitted as a "free offer" when I purchased the Sorento. Frankly I think they're a waste of time in New Zealand anyway, there's enough crap on TV without watching it while travelling through the beautiful countryside !! Anyway, guess that's a whole lot different in the city. One thing I do like about the unit in mine is that you can only hear it through cordless headphones (2 sets provided) so it doesn't drive everybody else in the car mad. My daughter uses it to play her CD's when we're travelling so that "the olds" don't have to be earbashed by Manson !!! Other good thing is direct inputs for digital camera and video which is handy to check stuff you've done while away from home. Hope that';s of some use.

Cheers

Derek

PS: They fitted it where the standard interior light is so I rewired that light into the rear of the two sunglasses holders, without that you can't see squat in the front of the car when you open the door at night. :beer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know if they are worth it. We have a dvd system with 2 screens that get hooked onto the headrests. They have earphone jacks in each. The player fits in the drawer under the passenger seat or under the driver seat.

It would be nice to have the wireless headphones. The 2 screens are really nice. They are at about eye level for the kids. Picture is very good and the screens are 9 inch which I think is bigger than most factory systems.

I believe we paid $270 for the system. A lot cheaper than any factory system. And we can use it in either vehicle and take it with us when we buy a new vehicle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We paid $235 for a 2 screen system from Wal-Mart. It has headphone jacks on each screen, so each kid has a set and we can listen to the radio. :banana:

IMO, the roof mounted one ok, but the 2 screen retail one is better. Granted not a sexy as the roof one, but better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts