Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia spectra 1.8 L Base model 125xxx miles
133 Posts
I'm pretty sure i have identified it already, even have a part # just need to be sure so ill await your response.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,833 Posts
The first pic in the OP appears to be a pneumatic/vacuum actuator connected to the throttle butterfly, whereas the ISC valves you posted are electric stepper motor type used on gasoline engines where I believe the OP's is diesel.

My guess is its an air shut-off when the engine is turned off.

·
Registered
kia creed 2006
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you yes think this is causing starting problem .shutting of engine and not letting it start again.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,833 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Air flow actuator and looks like the vacuum control box for said part, been looking at them today on a Kia c'eed
hi tom smith been trying to find where to get one of these.cant seem to find the right part.....
Theres a website I use for this sort of thing, called 247spares.com
Or somthing like that, you'll find it with a google search, you'll be able to order it from there with next day delivery, if you haven't found 1 already ?

I'm a mobile mechanic in the UK, if u feel it'd help to call and talk anything through feel free to private message me

·
Registered
kia creed 2006
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kia creed accuator

hi thanks for help have found part. basic throtle cut off. got part from volvo bedford who now do kia parts...
anyway ordered part. cleaned up old part while waiting found that it is now performing well on its own i e starting everytime. will keep new part in reserve just in case...thanks again

·
Registered
kia creed 2006
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks tom al sorted yes is air cut off got one from bedford volvo they now do kia parts.
while waiting cleaned old part .seems to be working fine starting everytime...sod anyway will keep new one in reserve.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts