Kia Forum banner

Kia Connect Unreliable on 2023 Sportage Hybrid

1486 Views 15 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Koreanadian
Several times my remote Start wouldn't work. I recently updated the app and the software, and it worked fine for about 3 weeks.

I use the schedule feature on Kia Connect to defrost my car before I leave to work. It didn't turn on this morning, making me late for work.

Apparently there was an update that I wasn't made aware of. Now when I open the app I get an error message. Even when I Uninstalled and Reinstalled I got the same error.

The app is extremely unreliable. I am very disappointed that I spent so much money for a brand new 2023 Kia with features that only work part of the time.

By the was... I had full bars as can be seen by the image. There is no issue with the "network connection " its a problem with the Kia app

Font Screenshot Gadget Darkness Multimedia
See less See more
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
App works great for me never any issues
App is on current (new styled version) and car is on the latest software

• purchased the sx prestige hybrid 10/8
  • updated the car software in November
  • Used my iphone 12 pro Originally
  • now my iphone 14 pro max
Reactions: 1
I'm six months into my Trial. Still extremely unreliable. I have mad a list with times and dates that it didn't work to make a complaint when my Trial is over.
I know I wouldn't pay a penny for it even if it was a better app.
I have had my SXP since June and i have had zero issues with the app. I use it literally everyday.
I don’t use remote start often, but I haven’t had issues with other features of the app and use it daily.

I have notifications for door locks turned off, but still get notifications anytime my doors are left unlocked. Other than that, everything works fine.
For me it won't remember my password, have entered it and pushed save a hundred times, finally gave up and just enter it every time. Fuel level and charge level are never right. More than once I've got the unable to perform this or that message. Couldn't imagine wanting to pay for it even if it worked right all the time. What's next they charge you yearly to have remote start on your keyfob? You start paying them for services that they should be including soon you'll be paying everytime just to start it.
I know I wouldn't pay a penny for it even if it was a better app.
You can remote start without it, correct? Just as long as the key is in range. I wouldn't pay for it either, but I understand this is frustrating!
You can remote start without it, correct? Just as long as the key is in range. I wouldn't pay for it either, but I understand this is frustrating!
you can remote start from the keyfob regardless of connect plan but have to be in the proximity of the car

app you can do while you are on vacation 1000 miles away, valet mode, take images from the surround cameras, track/report it stolen, tons of useful features
you can remote start from the keyfob regardless of connect plan but have to be in the proximity of the car

app you can do while you are on vacation 1000 miles away, valet mode, take images from the surround cameras, track/report it stolen, tons of useful features
Oh to be a non-Massachusetts dealer-delivered KIA owner. Would be very nice to have these features "turned on"!
I have notifications for door locks turned off, but still get notifications anytime my doors are left unlocked.
I had the same issue getting notifications for leaving unlocked in my garage, but then I found that "Door Security Assist" is different than "Door Lock/Unlock". Try turning off the "Door Security Assist" and it hopefully solves your issue too.
The only feature I have found I really like with Kia Connect (but wouldn't pay for) is that you can remote start through it with a specific cabin temperature and turning on the heated seats and steering wheel before you go out to the car. If you use the keyfob to remote start the cabin temperature stays where it was last left, and the heated seats and steering wheel are off.
Oh to be a non-Massachusetts dealer-delivered KIA owner. Would be very nice to have these features "turned on"!
yea i saw that they were removed from the list , pretty sure the only state that cant do it correct?
Check reddit for a work around lol
I had the same issue getting notifications for leaving unlocked in my garage, but then I found that "Door Security Assist" is different than "Door Lock/Unlock". Try turning off the "Door Security Assist" and it hopefully solves your issue too.
Where is this setting? I’m not seeing it anywhere. In the app?
Where is this setting? I’m not seeing it anywhere. In the app?
Nevermind, found it on the website. Hopefully it works!
If you can't use Kia Connect, I think the only way you can change the temperature while on remote start is to set it before you get out of the vehicle after your previous ride
1 - 16 of 16 Posts