Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hi all, i am a new owner of this 3 weeks old Kia Cerato,a DOHC 16V 1.6l M, 5 door car. Is there any other owners in this forum? I have a problem which i have yet to surface to Kia Service centre i.e the fifth door which is the hatchback door for the rear boot is giving a real headache for me to enable it to be closed fully. Everytime, i need to slam it hard, i mean really hard ...to enable the locking mechanism to lock the rear door ...it really needed plenty of brute strength for it ...my agent had informed me that the locking mechanism needed to be seasoned before it will be fine as normal..Does any other owners of this hatchback Cerato face the same problem as me? B) Thnaks for any replies to this thread.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,124 Posts
Originally posted by RetroKia@Jan 19 2005, 06:51 AM
:) Hi all, i am a new owner of this 3 weeks old Kia Cerato,a DOHC 16V 1.6l M, 5 door car. Is there any other owners in this forum? I have a problem which i have yet to surface to Kia Service centre i.e the fifth door which is the hatchback door for the rear boot is giving a real headache for me to enable it to be closed fully. Everytime, i need to slam it hard, i mean really hard ...to enable the locking mechanism to lock the rear door ...it really needed plenty of brute strength for it ...my agent had informed me that the locking mechanism needed to be seasoned before it will be fine as normal..Does any other owners of this hatchback Cerato face the same problem as me? B) Thnaks for any replies to this thread.
use some wd-40 or other lubracant on the latches.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I also have hatchback variant, 2.0 CVVT engine and there is no problem with the rear-door lock. However, when I looked at some 1.6 hatchback at the car dealer, it has the same problem as you describe - also the salesman admitted that there is something wrong with the lock mechanism of this car. So probably it is some common problem (maybe just of 1.6) thus I recomend you to go to KIA at let them to fix it. I guess they will do it for free.

PS: some pictures of my car can be found here: http://pvr.webzdarma.cz/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Pavel@Jan 20 2005, 12:06 AM
Hi,

I also have hatchback variant, 2.0 CVVT engine and there is no problem with the rear-door lock. However, when I looked at some 1.6 hatchback at the car dealer, it has the same problem as you describe - also the salesman admitted that there is something wrong with the lock mechanism of this car. So probably it is some common problem (maybe just of 1.6) thus I recomend you to go to KIA at let them to fix it. I guess they will do it for free.

PS: some pictures of my car can be found here: http://pvr.webzdarma.cz/
Ive been driving my Cerato 1.6 LX for a month now, and i have no such problem... it clicks closed like a sauber watch... I must say i really love this car...

Maybe the locking catch on the body needs to be slightly adjusted...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
I've had the same model KIA since Sept 0- and had no problems at all. In fact I've found the fifth door to be very nicely balanced - a gentle push and it swings down and locks. Hope you get it sorted out as it a really nice car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
my spectra 5 hatch was as you describe, hard to close when it was new as well, but after a couple of months it now closes with very little force. Time is your friend.

I hope it all works out for you.

Geo.

Go team Canada.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It might not be the latch. It could be the weather seals around the door. When new they are very stiff on some cars. This could be one of those cars.

I've heard of similar complaints on the passenger door seals on the Hyundai Elantra.

It that's the problem, eventually it should correct itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts