Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to buy my first car as COE looks like rock bottom? Now deciding between the sedan or hatchback? Have yet to go to showroom..wonder if anyone can advice me on any good dealers? Anybody know the current price for AUTO sedan or hatchback? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my view, the Cerato Hatch has a rear styling that is reminiscent of the Daihatsu Charades and Nissan Marchs of yesteryear, ie: not very stylish.

The Sedan looks much better, even though I would have liked to have a Hatch-type vehicle.

Another styling feature which I prefer in the Sedan are the fog lamps which are fitted snugly into two holes in the bumper. I find this cleaner and more elegant than the ones found on the Hatch.

These styling preferences made me choose the Sedan and my new car will be ready for collection in about a week's time ... :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Dad own cerato hatch 1.6A.I am newbie in this hobby.So everything looks fine to me as it was new.But the minus point is it fuel consumption 1km/8km++.Maybe others CERATO owner can share your tips.How to solve on fuel consumption?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.. I'm driving cerato manual transmission. Fuel consumption is about 13km/L... for the auto one, i heard it's about 11km/L i think.

Anyway, if you really wanna improve FC, it all boils down to driving habits. even if you have an engine which is economically fuel-saving but you ram the accelerator, then you will surely consume more fuel rite..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by faiunie@Jan 29 2005, 06:56 AM
But the minus point is it fuel consumption 1km/8km++.
But the fuel consumption looks ok. At least on paper. Compare it with Opel Astra 2004:

Opel Astra (H) Hatchback 5d 1.6 16v

Top speed 185 km/h
Acceleration 0-100 km/h 12.3 s
Curb weight 1265 kg
Average consumption 6.6 l/100 km (ECE)

Kia Cerato Hatchback 5d 1.6 16v

Top speed 186 km/h
Acceleration 0-100 km/h 11.0 s
Curb weight 1175 kg
Average consumption 6.8 l/100 km (Red.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been driving the Sedan manual since 11 Dec 2004.

No problem with the car so far and yes, the fuel consumption I get is about 12.5km/l (80% highway 20% city).

Well, as mdfaz said, it boils down to driving habit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here in Italy Kia sells only hatchback. So I took mine in Germany :p.

I bought a Sedan 2.0 CRDI, IMHO looks far better than the hatchbak ones. Also pepole i know says to me "Wow you bought a cool car, you are gaining money..." :p

Poor souls ;-D

Bye

Pila

·
Registered
1 Posts
fuel consumption

hi, i just bought my ceration sedan. thinking of changing to 16' sports rim. would it add to my fuel consumption? i saw that the fuel consumption is about 12km/l, is that original 15' or 16' rim. tks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts