Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my new cerato for about 4 months now, and it seems that I already
getting rattling noise with the front dashboard and the drivers side door trim.
Has anyone else experience this sort of problems?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I sure have....

There are at least 3 separate rattles in the dash area. Also, the windshield had to be pulled and reinstalled as there was a terrible amount of flex causing creaking noises.

Also, see my post about auto transmission problems.

Another issue was I had to have the HVAC temp controller motor replaced as it was causing a buzzing sound.

Drivers seat cushion collapsed and had to be replaced as well.

32k kms on the Odo, not impressed.

ddire

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
183 Posts
DD:

Out of curiousity, what country do you live in? It's not the U.S. due to the 'km' units you mention.

As I've mentioned in other posts, so far my 2004.5 Spectra EX is rock solid at 10,000+ miles (16,000+ km).

At what kilometerage did your car start exhibiting most of its problems? I'd be curious to see all of your problems mapped out to the odo readings.

Do you have the 2.0 litre motor?

When the seat cushion "collapsed", was it only the foam cushion portion, or the actual seat frame?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

-SM

·
Registered
2004 Kia Cerato
20 Posts
gday all.

ive had my cerato for nearly a year in august.

since then ive had my fair share of little noise or sharp subtle noises from the dash and the doors each time it hits a bump.

nothing dramatic.

But 2 months ago as i previously posted after my first major service i started hearing rattling noises from the boot.

wasnt the boot it self coz i checked and drove around senseless trying to figure what it is.

So i took it to a honda service centre (since kia doesn't have their own service centres here in australia) and they found the rattling noise to be coming from within the panels of the boot.

due to manfucter when all panels and such are bolted down and glued etc, this started to rubb against each other hence profusing the rattling noise.

so they had my cerato last thursday the 30th of june for two days to panel beat and re glue etc the panels within the boot free of charge.

so got it back only last friday afternoon..

it was smooth and quiet once again.

i drove a 20 min drive home with no radio on in peace and quiet.

but its really funny i should read this thread today.

because as of this morning, on my way to work.

THE NOISE WAS BACK! so much louder and rattlier than before.

i was so aggravated.

so back to the service i come this weekend.

as i was telling my gf, its such a hassle.

theres no possible way i can be driving my car wrong i mean it just should not make those noises anyway for a brand new car, not unless of course if were already 5 or so years old and i never really took care of her.

i love the car without the doubt.

but the irony of value for money is really making me think other wise.

cheers,

kz.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yup, 2.0l engine.

Things started somewhere between 5-10k km.... trans, windshield,dash rattles,
HVAC controler was around 15k km
Seat foam around 20k km.

I'm in Canada.

d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts