Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please i need a complete engine for my cerato/spectra 2007 model ex 1.6l MT. please send your qoute and cost to ship to nigeria and how soon can it get here. thanks, you can contact me directly [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,947 Posts
You need to contact them yourself...Use the link in my last post...
Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have contacted before, but the price is abt £1200 for the engine and shipping to nigeria, which is on a high side for me. please any other reliable supplier

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
i have contacted before, but the price is abt £1200 for the engine and shipping to nigeria, which is on a high side for me. please any other reliable supplier
It may be to your benefit to do some footwork and hit up any junkyards (if even available) in your area. I'm thinking with shipping figured in, 1200lb might be the going price there :-/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the price of salvage engine from nigeria junkyard is abt $2500. i have been advised to change the whole engine + gear+ ecu to toyota camry 99 engine since its cheaper in nigeria. do u think this is achievable if well done.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
the price of salvage engine from nigeria junkyard is abt $2500. i have been advised to change the whole engine + gear+ ecu to toyota camry 99 engine since its cheaper in nigeria. do u think this is achievable if well done.
Achievable yes. However, the extra cost to replace the engine, transmission, and ECU, as well as changing the engine mounts, trans mounts, and any other wireing harness to make it all fit, would likely cost much more than your origional price to have an engine imported, as well as taking a considerable amount of labor time ($$$) to put it all together and working correctly. From where I'm sitting and not knowing anything about how the economy and repair facilities in Nigeria are, this is where I would bite the bullet and either pay more than I wanted to, to fix the car I've already got, or to trade it/sell it off for parts and get something else. Sit down with your little calculator and see which will work best for you and your budget, but it's going to be $$ either way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
someone suggested mazda 323 carb engine. so in this case, it should work with my kia gear, and wont need ecu and complex electrical work. wat do u think

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
someone suggested mazda 323 carb engine. so in this case, it should work with my kia gear, and wont need ecu and complex electrical work. wat do u think
"Should work" can be a very expensive though when "should work" turns into "I thought that would work". It's time to sit down with your mechanic or whoever is going to do the work, and find out exactly what it's going to take before you go throwing an engine that "should work" into a car that wasn't designed around it.

I would hate to have you get it all the way in, and realize you need a new ecu, the engine mounts aren't quite in the right spot, trans is a little off, that's going to bump the cost up above what replacing the engine with the "right" engine would have been in the first place. Sometimes it's best to just spend the little extra and do it right the first time.

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
im suprise the auto mechanic there cannot fix or rebuild your motor. unless you blew a whole on your block. importing pieces of the motor and rebuild it should probly be cheaper for you.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
I have rarely seen engine transplants from different makes work well there are usually persistent problems with thinks like cooling, unless they shared similar parentage like some Ford/Mazda, Renault/Nissan etc cars do.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using AutoGuide App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts