Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please i want to replace my 2007 cerato engine with the 2006 engine, as this the one i could get, please do u think it will work perfectly together. they are both 1.6 l engine spec. tanks

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
I don't see why not. What is the reasoning for replacing the engine? Where are you located?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
I "see" you are in Nigeria...In the USA the Specta (Cerato) was changed to a new model in 2004.5 and the engine and tranny was the same up till 2009.
Earlier Spectra/Cerato parts were not interchangeable with the newer models.
We don't have the 1.6l in our Spectras (2.0l) and your car may have a completely different body/engine/tranny style and the model years may change on completely different dates..
The 2.0l engine here has changed at least twice (beta and theta models) and some parts are NOT interchangeable...
Check with a local KIA dealership or a local garage the waorks on KIAs for parts interchangeability to be sure...
Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,923 Posts
It's a 2007 US body style (2007~2009).
The engine may be the one used in the UK or Europe.
Like I said you may need to find out the duration of the 1.6l and the years locally.
Was it purchased new in Nigeria or was it imported used from another country?
I just don't want you to get an engine that won't work properly in your car..
Here in the USA a 2.0l from a 2009 can directly replace one in a 2006 and visa versa. A 2010 (and later) 2.0L engine from a "Forte'" WILL NOT..
It really depends on if the engine changed from 2006 to 2007 on your "type" Cerato ..
Just be carefull..
Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it was purchased brand new in nigeria.

My car engine number is G4FC6U050694
CHASIS NUMBER: KNAFE227275382477

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
aint that the same engine they used up here in the states for the rio or is it 1.5?

·
Super Moderator
6,923 Posts
We need someone from the European or African continents to address the model years and if they are different from 2006 to 2007.
In the USA the salvage yards have computer programs that will tell what years are interchangeable...You might try one (salvage yard) in your country.
It's the best I can do for you right now...
Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,923 Posts
tt2jzgtes...
I just don't want to give him the wrong information... Yes there is a 1.6l for the newer RIOs and Souls...but the size doesn't tell all.
In Austrailia they have a 2.5l engine that was made by a joint venture between KIA and Rover that wasn't used in the US.. There are diesel engines also used in KIAs in Europe that are not used here (USA) or other countries...
If I had to take a wild guess I'd say the 2006 1.6l engine should fit the 2007 but I'd hate to waste this gentleman's money on a "guess".
Dave

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
That looks like a gamma engine? Notice the intake is on the front, rather than the back. It is very possible in global markets that they switched the 1.6L engine from the Alpha to the Gamma when they did the facelift. Can you find a 2006 model and compare engines? Do you know if your engine has a timing belt or chain...that would be an easy indicator that it's a Gamma engine - though visually it looks like one. I believe it was about 2007 when the Gamma was introduced, meaning it is very possible the pre-2007 Ceratos had an Alpha engine.
-
What is the reasoning for needing to replace the engine?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the engine is really bad, and the mechanics cant seem to rebuild in well. please can i get a supplier from here for the engine. its d G4FC engine. need it in nigeria

·
Super Moderator
6,923 Posts
I searched for parts in Nigeria and found only big problems with fake (counterfit) car parts in your country... and no 1.6L engines for a 2007 Cerato...
I did find in the UK a used engine supplier that might ship to Nigeria.
Here's a link...
Kia Cerato Engine For Sale - BUY AT LOWEST UK PRICES & COST
It looks like Nigeria is a poor place to get used parts.
Try to find if the 2006 is a "Gamma" version engine...
Also look at the engine # as yours starts out with G4FC__________. If the 2006 also starts with G4FC chances are good it would work in your car... You might want to actually listen to the engine BEFORE buying it as there looks like a lot of BAD car parts in your country...
Keep us posted on what you find..
Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have contacted them before, but the price is abt £1200 for the engine and shipping to nigeria, which is on a high side for me. please any other reliable supplier with a lower price

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Jibeflash, use google and bing to search for local or whatever salvage yard around you. I know they said your in Nigeria you either have to pay alot of money to get the engine or not get it fixed. Just my .02

·
Registered
kia cerato and infinity Q4
1 Posts
kia cerato 2008 engine replacement

this topic has resurfaced again please is there anybody who can give us more information on this. My engine car needs to be replaced also. I also bought it new and the engine uses timing chain `
kayode

1 - 16 of 16 Posts