Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Pro_cee'd 1,4 Lpg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all from Greece...

This is my ProCeed tuned to make my driving hours funnier....
Cornering has rised to another level....

Also a great visual add-on

All of the bars are handmade,custom for our cars and do ana amazing job on the street....(i did't pay a fortune too...)

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Would like a larger version of the first photo mate, showing the whole under side.

That top brace under the bonnet looks really good, very well made bits of kit byt the looks, and love that orange colour too.

So, how does it handle now, much less roll on corners I bet?
Do you feel every damn bump on the road now?

A friend did all the bracing to his Astra GTE years ago (early 90's) and that thing absolutely flew round corners :D

·
Registered
Kia Pro_cee'd 1,4 Lpg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No roll on corners....It feels like i just changed tyres and got a suspension kit!

The factory suspension sucks,so i needed something better....
Those bars offer pure adrenaline for sure...

I had my car lowered with springs only,so it was stiff enough...
After i installed all of these,the suspension noise lowered a lot and i noticed a smoothier passing through bumps!
I don't regret it at all...

Here are the pics..

·
Registered
739 Posts
Very interesting indeed...
I was thinking about buying a thicker sway bar for the back, to prevent the understeering that the ceed has.

Where did you get them?

·
Registered
Kia Pro_cee'd 1,4 Lpg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ASP_tech Reinforcement
A friend of mine is the mechanic behind the firm...He is going to release them through ebay soon i think...

The back is like this...

(the photo is old,as the lower bar was re-built with increased space from the exhaust pipe..._

·
Registered
863 Posts
Looks fantastic mate! Job well done by your mate :)

Could that lower rear bar not sit above the exhaust instead of below it? Looks like there's space up there, but maybe it wouldn't work as well or something?

·
Registered
Kia Pro_cee'd 1,4 Lpg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he gave it a try,but problems occured + I liked the fact it was noticeable from behind hehehehehehe

I intended to get them from a wel known brand but there where numerous problems..
1.They do not exist :)))
2.They would cost me about 600euros + postage...
3.I wanted to test them before i buy them
4.I wasn't aware that a friend of mine was into racing businesswith rollcages,bars etc...

So i took the decision to make them from scratch...And here we are...

ps.They are fully made from aluminum( not the commonly used aluminum...) and not iron...

They all weight together only 2,7kg...

·
Registered
863 Posts
That's a cool cross section, like the fact they are not just round section tubes.
Super cool mate, and ok I'm with you on the 'visible from behind' look :D

May be a stupid question but...
It looks like they just bolt on to existing bolt points under the car, no extra fittings needed. Am I correct?

·
Registered
Kia Pro_cee'd 1,4 Lpg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Of course they were...Not the first ones though,the most famous...
The price was 3 times higher

·
Registered
Kia Pro_cee'd 1,4 Lpg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im guessing longer bolts would be required?
No,the bolts did have enough space left for the bars to fit well,without problem...
I was about to buy new bolts but the factory ones were just fine...

Only one new bolt was installed,to fit the ECU scaning port in the hood...

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
Are they self locking nuts on there? If they are then shouldnt they have more thread through the locking part to be totally secure? I would be concerned that they could vibrate loose or have you used Loctite?

·
Registered
Kia Pro_cee'd 1,4 Lpg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They all have 2 spiral left...
I was about to install longer ones,but the mechanic assured me that they are fine...
He used loctite(or something like this) i think...

I have them on,about 5000km now...I regularly check of they get loose,but the haven't got at all...Sp i suppose i 'll be fine...

On sunday i might get into track with those....Lets see...

·
Registered
Kia Pro_cee'd 1,4 Lpg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why to void warranty????It doesn't interfere with anything mechanical....The springs or the suspension is not covered anyways...

I installed it in a Kia service,and they just looked amazed...None told anything about warranty lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
Why to void warranty????It doesn't interfere with anything mechanical....The springs or the suspension is not covered anyways...

I installed it in a Kia service,and they just looked amazed...None told anything about warranty lol
Of course the springs and suspension are covered by the warranty. It a "bumper to bumper" warranty that covers all but wearing and service related parts. Kia would use the fitting of these parts to void that part of it.

Why should they mention the warranty during your service, did you need any repairs carrying out.

·
Registered
Kia ProCeed Sport 2.0
46 Posts
Of course the springs and suspension are covered by the warranty. It a "bumper to bumper" warranty that covers all but wearing and service related parts. Kia would use the fitting of these parts to void that part of it.
+1 on that one dude...

·
Registered
Kia Pro_cee'd 1,4 Lpg
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Which part that is not wearing ans service related,are you afraid of not be covered by warranty????
I suppose i wouldn't have to fear about much...

Maybe in your country dealer is a bit strict.......
I have changed shocks into warranty while i used lowering springs....

If you change an air filter...you void the warranty?Strictly you do but here noone cares...

·
Registered
863 Posts
Sounds like a good setup Stelios :D
Have you been on to the track with the upgraded suspension yet?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts