Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
iam new to the site so hello to all, I have a Kia Ceed 1.6 hatchback and I cannot find how to leave the parking lights on whilst I leave the vehicle to go into a news agents on a dark morning, can anybody tell me how to do this
I have read the manual but cant find anything in it to say how to do this
many thanks
York :)

·
Registered
'10 Cee'd SW diesel autoshift
97 Posts
Hello York and welcome.

When you pull over next to your news stand, shut the engine, take your keys out of ignition and THEN turn the light switch on to activate parking lights. If you do that with your keys still in ignition, taking keys out will cancel your action due to the Kia automatic lights shut down system, designed to protect your battery if you forget to turn the lights off.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Welcome to the forum York, I can confirm the above being lovely & correct :)

·
Registered
2010 Kia Cee'd SW 1.4 EX
92 Posts
My experience is somewhat different. Just turning on the lights after removing the key doesn't do the trick. I do it by turning the lights off and the on after opening the driver door. Due to the mandatory lights, day or night, i tend to leave the light switch on all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys,
Thanks for that Dragan, I have tried it and you are right I cant believe it, at last I can leave it for a couple of minutes to get the paper without worrying, thanks so much.
and thanks to all for replying to me...

·
Registered
'10 Cee'd SW diesel autoshift
97 Posts
Oh btw, Damjanev is right, its not taking the keys out alone that kills the light, its taking keys and opening the door...but, you got it.

Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts