Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ceed 5 doors, 1.6 CRDi 115CV Drive Eco-Dynamics
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I'd like to share my experience with a KIA CEED 1.6 CRDi 115CV Drive Eco-Dynamics that I bought in Santander (Spain) in January, 2019. I am quite frustrated and would appreciate helpful feedback or suggestions. The problem is the emission light and the malfunction indicator lamp –or check engine light— . They started to come on in August after driving a few kilometers. The car has travelled over 20,000 km, mostly on highways... I haven't just used the car for short city trips. Mechanics at KIA Santander and Burgos inspected my vehicle at least seven times, but every time I collect the car and start using it again, the problem is still there. It's horrible because KIA Santander and KIA Spain have not provided me with any relevant information as to why the lights come on and how they could fix the problem. They basically test the car, turn the lights off and kindly invite me to keep on driving the vehicle. Has anyone heard of a similar problem? I don't know what to do. Apart from filing complaints in Spain and KIA Europe, I am also considering taking legal actions. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
891 Posts
My daughter has a gen one Sportage with the V6.
Currently at 160K miles.
Maintenance has been routinely performed by professionals in 3 different states.
She has the same issue, and the same experiences you have.....except her air bag light is on as well.
The dealership resets everything but after a short time the lights come back on.
She has elected to ignore the lights as the vehicle runs fine.
No explanation given, no problem is found.

Reactions: SolM

·
Registered
2019 Ceed 5 doors, 1.6 CRDi 115CV Drive Eco-Dynamics
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My daughter has a gen one Sportage with the V6.
Currently at 160K miles.
Maintenance has been routinely performed by professionals in 3 different states.
She has the same issue, and the same experiences you have.....except her air bag light is on as well.
The dealership resets everything but after a short time the lights come back on.
She has elected to ignore the lights as the vehicle runs fine.
No explanation given, no problem is found.
Thanks for your reply. My car is actually worse right now and I can't use it. Unfortunately, I'll have to sue my dealership (KIA Santander) as soon as the Covid-19 lockdown ends. About 2 months ago I had the car checked out by 3 other professionals who detected disturbing signs of engine trouble. They concluded the diesel particulate filter was blocked, the oil level was way too high, and the oil was contaminated. Besides, the Reduced Engine Power Warning Light had come on and the car could not reach normal driving speed. KIA Santander finally admitted that the car has a problem. They say the Converter Assy Warm-up Catalytic needs to be replaced and want to charge me almost 2,000 euros for this. So yeah, this is my terrible experience with KIA. A brand new car, under warranty...Anyways, I can't wait to get out of this nightmare and buy a reliable car.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo
214 Posts
Hi,
I'd like to share my experience with a KIA CEED 1.6 CRDi 115CV Drive Eco-Dynamics that I bought in Santander (Spain) in January, 2019. I am quite frustrated and would appreciate helpful feedback or suggestions. The problem is the emission light and the malfunction indicator lamp –or check engine light— . They started to come on in August after driving a few kilometers. The car has travelled over 20,000 km, mostly on highways... I haven't just used the car for short city trips. Mechanics at KIA Santander and Burgos inspected my vehicle at least seven times, but every time I collect the car and start using it again, the problem is still there. It's horrible because KIA Santander and KIA Spain have not provided me with any relevant information as to why the lights come on and how they could fix the problem. They basically test the car, turn the lights off and kindly invite me to keep on driving the vehicle. Has anyone heard of a similar problem? I don't know what to do. Apart from filing complaints in Spain and KIA Europe, I am also considering taking legal actions. Thanks for your help!
You need to have the car scanned, and have the number code. With that information you can start to understand the issue. I would not work on the car at all if under warranty. In the states you would be covered for the repair

·
Registered
2012 kia sedona
1 Posts
solm after whriting my coment my sedona parked in my garage eng locked up doesnt matter what i do(and belive me iam a retired auto mechanicead) I read where eng are blowing up for no reason Going get a used eng installed and get read off it Does not trust it any more affraid it blow up againg I bougth it new and did all the maintance Im not going to fight wit them read they have an issue with this motor worse essenario they may good deead pay halve and then what it may happend again My choise a Honda Pilot any coment ? Take care my friend Manuel from Jersey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts