Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Ceed 1.6
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, recently the lights and needle on my dashboard on the instrumentation keep sort of resetting. They turn on and off constantly. At first I thought it might just be the lights but the needle goes all the way down and comes back too dropbox.com/s/8xo237buqx01c0r/YouCut_20200124_190055379.mp4?dl=0

This all started a few weeks back when I replaced the battery in my keys and the transponder fell out without me realising. I went to start the car and It didn't start. I thought it might be an issue with the car, so having RAC recovery, I have them a ring. When the mechanic arrived he did the diagnostic with his tablet and found the issue to be 'Transponder'. I told him I replaced the battery in my key but I don't think anything fell out. So he disconnected the battery and recconected it to see if that fixed it. It did not. So he said call tomorrow in the morning so it can be taken to garage. I figured since he asked about the key maybe I missed something. Low and behold, there it was on my bedroom floor a little black piece. I put it back in the key and car started.

Buy every since that day the dashboard lights keep going mental. Called RAC again and told them your mechanic messed up my car, they sent another guy out, he couldn't find anything wrong.

The car drives fine, but this thing is really bothering me. Anyone have any idea why this is happening. Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts