Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Please can you assist? I have a Kia Proceed and would like to fit a d-badged front grill. I have come across it in a German website but I have no idea whether they will deliver to South Africa and whether it is the correct product I'm purchasing as I don't understand German:(

Please can someone guide me as to where I can purchase it and have it delivered as Ceed parts are a pretty rare find in South Africa.

Thanks
Diran

·
Registered
2010 ceed sw2 and a bit BD59FHY
95 Posts
Hi, I couldn't get the hyperlink to take me to a grill, but I have found 2. Are you referring to the old Mark 1 oval shape or the Mark 2 tigernose. I know the tigernose is interchangable because I have done it. See my pictures. Full chrome before the crash and piano black with pencil line chrome afterwards. The lower intake surround that is fitted was not even an SW option at the time, it is a saloon item. It is a good bet that the replacement grill will fit because car makers like commonality, IE common size hole with different inserts with a common profile to fit. They would not entertain a different bonnet and valance for each different grill. Did you know that most cars are all produced with the top spec wiring loom fitted and plugged in to according to model level. It is cheaper than stocking and controlling different ones for different model specs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dowdeswell

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure exactly which spec mines is due to the different versions of Ceed's being released in different years based on the the country. If you dont mind can you check out my gallery? I have pics of my car there.

Thanks once again
Diran

·
Registered
95 Posts
Diran, what is your VIN number. I can do some asking if there was a difference in the part numbers for grilles between mark one ceeds and proceeds. I know that the mark two grilles are interchangable between mark 2 ceed sw, ceed and proceed. I can't see why they would be different in the mark one. reference commonality for mass production.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
I'm not sure if the grilles they show on the pro_ceed page are for standard bumpers or just their body kit bumpers as shown.

CeedR - have you tried emailing kia-shop.de to ask? Include your VIN number so they can say which grille will fit your car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just a thougt, for extra information, can someone measure the full width and height of their mark one ceed grille in millimetres and someone else measure the same on a proceed and CeedR measure yours as well. Then lets see if you all come up with the same sizes. The question is then answered. Sorry I can't join in, I'm a mark 2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts