Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my Ceed June 2011 and have experienced issues with the KIA fitted after market turbo. Started with intermittent cutting out was sent off to KIA mid march 2012 and got it back today with more issues. Initially consumption shot up now and power was awesome now underpowered and smoking and back at KIA for a "burning oil" issue. I am a female with virtually no understanding of what they need to fix and I have still not been told what is wrong. I only know that I have not had my car since middle of march this year and I still don't have a car that is fixed. She pushes out 166kw. I just need some advice from any Ceed owners who have experienced this issue to find out how they fixed this issue please. Thanks.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Hey Yogs, welcome to the forum, lets ask a few questions first;

Did you have the after market turbo fitted or was it done before you had the car?
Do you know if it was to get more power, or because the original one died & car was out of warranty? If so, due to mileage or age?
What year, model and engine size if your car?

I've never seen any mention of a non-kia turbo being fitted, and don't personally know the answers, but we have some very technical minded folk on here that may be able to help.

Sure they'll have more chance helping if you can give some more details.

Good Luck, sounds like this has been a nightmare!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts