Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks... I need your help.

I recently realised that my 2013 Kia ceed has a problem with the driver's side seat height. Although I lower the seat down as much as possible, I realise that after a few trips.. (just this eve after 15 mins of driving!) the seat goes up, and I have to lower the seat down again.. the height adjustment is done manually using the lever on the side...

Has anyone encountered the same issue? Is this a known issue and what can the problem possibly be? I am thinking about a hydrolic leak which might be causing this..

Would understand if the seat goes down... but the seat giong up.... :S I think this is very strange...

Would app. your feedback

Cheers from Malta.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have noticed my seat goes down over time as I drive. Figured it was somewhat "normal" as gravety would tend to pull the seat down from the weight of the driver and vibration. Going up seems to go against the laws of physics unless the mechanism is designed that way somehow. Maybe some other owners can chime in on this.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine also sinks, but only noticeable after several months, and rather more slowly now that I weigh 80kg instead of 117kg. Maybe if the seat rises you are a very slim/light person.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey,

Thanks for your replies...

I wish I was very slim.. I weigh around 95Kg.. and I see it very strange that the seat goes up.. I would understand if it goes down... just like roadbug said... due to gravity but going up is very strange...

Now I realise that the seat goes up 3 hand pull over a span of 12 hrs (from the time I park the car after work to when I go back to work the following morning.

Within the first hour, the seat goes up by 1/2 a hand pull.

I'm guessing there is a leak somehow in the hydrolic system of the seat.
Is there a way to get someone technical on this from this forum? Last time I went to the local dealer in Malta, they did not know about a particular fault and had to make my own research and explain to them what needs to be done...

So I would rather go there this time round, having an idea of what the fault might be!

Cheers and hope to get someone to help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hahaha same here, Pro Ceed 2013 and the seat goes up. I was ashamed to even write about it I thought you would think I'm crazy :D. It doesent bother me but is still huge engima for me. I'm slim at 76 kg so thats maybe a problem :). Any solutions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, here in Romania i have same problem, both seats goes up after few hours. I have a kia ceed crdi 2014 city model, a top model in my country. Guys from kia service look at me as i am crazy, but the problem persist only when is hot outside. In the winter period problem doesn't appear. Solutions? Or is a feature for most expensive cars?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts