Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009. Kia Ceed SW, 1.6 CRDI
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi people!

I own a Kia Ceed, a 2009 production year.
Currently, the car has a standard car radio (version without bluetooth)
I would like to have a navigation device installed in the car. I found a used device, with a GPS antenna, from the same Kia Ceed model.
My question is - will this device work in my car?
Do I need to install or replace any other parts, gateway or similar things? (already removed the base steering wheel, and set the version with additional commands)
After all, does it need official Kia diagnostics to connect the device to the system in order to function properly?

kia1.jpg

Thank in advance!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!

I didn't get an answer, so I decided to take the risk and solve the problems myself.
I installed the original KIA navigation.
Things I additionally purchased were: GPS Fakra antenna, aerial antenna adapter, USB cable, Bluetooth microphone.
The USB cable does not work, when I attach it to the device, the USB flash drive is detected as an iPod, music does not work with it, software and map updates are not recognized.
I set everything else to work without complications, the controls on the steering wheel work as intended. GPS signal is good, Bluetooth communication works, voice commands and hands-free calls work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With 3$ Chinese cable, USB function work perfect.
Maps and software are updated, music from USB is available!

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd 2008, 1.6 CVVT
1 Posts
Hi, I'm interested in your setup as I'm looking to do something similar. I have a 2008 Ceed (mk1, pre-facelift).
I think your 2009 is also pre-facelift but the picture of "what I have now" shows a facelift driving wheel, and a facelift head unit frame.

Did you retrofit a 2010+ steering wheel onto your 2009 model?
Did you also retrofit a 2010+ head unit frame?

I would like to upgrade both my steering wheel and head unit to the facelift versions:

I don't think I'm going to install the navigation, as it's quite expensive, it's just that my current driving wheel and head unit are in bad condition, and if I'm going to replace them, I might as well go with the newer version.

Were there any difficulties in installing the facelift components on the 2009?
Where you able to transfer the airbag from the old driving wheel to the new one?

Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts