Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
300BHP Vauxhall Corsa C
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share this video I made. My Gf's dad recently bought a kia ceed 2 and wanted an aftermarket stereo with sat nav, bluetooth, dvd player.....etc and I offered to fit it. I came to this forum but unfortunately could not find anything to show me how to remove the original surround excpet for a tutorial in russian that was not completely the same model. If you have any questions then I will do my best to answer

·
Registered
300BHP Vauxhall Corsa C
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great post. Very common question upgrading the stereo so important sure this will be watched by many.

Being my first non Vauxhall (Astras Cavalier Vectra more Astras lol) im very interested in your Corsa :)
cheers mate, more than happy to help with any questions. A few vids on my youtube channel. may even put a few progress piks up :D

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for making and posting the video.
Thanks, thought it may help the inexperienced :)

·
Registered
Kia Pro Ceed
34 Posts
LEDGEND!

Thanks for that, much appreciated!

What arial adapter did you use to get to this...

Any iso adapters required or is it straight forward?

·
Registered
Kia Pro Ceed
34 Posts
Also, what happens to the red screen at the very top? And the built in BT, i assume the BT stops?

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Nice work!
Does the video say that the whole thing (radio included) costs <180 quid ?
May you let us know the model that you built in ?

@ any moderator around here: May we have this thread set as sticky ?

·
Registered
300BHP Vauxhall Corsa C
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LEDGEND!

Thanks for that, much appreciated!

What arial adapter did you use to get to this...

Any iso adapters required or is it straight forward?
First I just put into ebay kia ceed aerial adapter which came up with this:PC5-150 KIA CARENS CARNIVAL CEE'D CERATO STEREO AERIAL ADAPTOR MAST ANTENNA | eBay
however it did not fit. after many email with pictures the company replaced it with this which fitted perfect:
PC5-137 CITROEN SYNERGIE AMPLIFIED FAKRA STEREO AERIAL ADAPTOR MAST ANTENNA | eBay

I am not to familiar with KIA as im into my vauxhalls so I was unsure about finding an ignition live for the adapter above so I attached it to a perm live and have not had a problem.

This is the ISO harness I used PC2-36-4 KIA CEED 2006 ONWARDS ISO STEREO HEAD UNIT HARNESS ADAPTOR LEAD 5032296023642 | eBay

At first it kept loosing memory so normally the red and yellow wires have bullet connectes to swap them easily but this one did not. So i just cut them up and used bullet connectors

Also, what happens to the red screen at the very top? And the built in BT, i assume the BT stops?
Red screen still works as it should, does not how radio stations...etc. The car never had BT fitted hence the reason for the new stereo. A sticker on the top of the original stereo says NON BT so I assume a BT version would be part of the stereo and once this is removed will no longer function.

Nice work!
Does the video say that the whole thing (radio included) costs <180 quid ?
May you let us know the model that you built in ?

@ any moderator around here: May we have this thread set as sticky ?
Yes that is for everything.
Stereo was £169 delivered - Universal Cars 2din In Car DVD Player Sat nav EU GPS Map Dashboard Head Unit 7? | eBay

aerial adapter and ISO was a couple a quid. Cage and fascia was not needed

I hope this helps :)

·
Registered
Kia Pro_Ceed 2.0 Sport
91 Posts
Looks like the bojo tool in your video, i went out and got myself the kit just so i could fit bt, great job as well.

·
Registered
300BHP Vauxhall Corsa C
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, I have a Pio Double Din touchscreen but most of fitting etc is the same...
oh ok that is fine then. If you had then you would need some longer screws and plastic tubing to act as a washer to push it forward so the flipout screen does not catch. If you have any problems, then post away and I will do my best to help

·
Registered
300BHP Vauxhall Corsa C
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I needed it to fit the one I did as the cars wires did not match up to the stereo. I also had to swap the red and yellow wires over and I would prefer to cut up a sub £3 wire than the cars wiring. I am sure you can return it for a refund if it is not needed

·
Registered
Kia Pro Ceed
34 Posts
Yes, that is true!

Do you lose the trip display or the factory reversing sensors when changing stereo?

·
Registered
300BHP Vauxhall Corsa C
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trip still works fine, his car does not have reversing sensors as far as I am aware.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Just thought I would share this video I made. My Gf's dad recently bought a kia ceed 2 and wanted an aftermarket stereo with sat nav, bluetooth, dvd player.....etc and I offered to fit it. I came to this forum but unfortunately could not find anything to show me how to remove the original surround excpet for a tutorial in russian that was not completely the same model. If you have any questions then I will do my best to answer

How to remove the standard stereo surround and stereo from a Kia C'eed 2 - YouTube
A waste of time & money. , hope your GF's Dad got a big discount, these cars are so overpriced. I am getting a CEED '2' diesel auto Sept. 1 , I dislike the Red background circle info display which IMO spoils the speedo 20 to 40 mph markings very cramped..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts