Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My car has plaguy turbo after 15000km of gentle driving on road. Exactly: WHISTLY at accelerate and deccelerate between 1500-2500rpm. The garageman of the dealer said me that is normal. I do to trust him. I was having Citroen Xsara 2.0 HDI and Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDI. None of them sounds like Cee'd Turbo.

Does any one knows what is happening?

Regards

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mines got a whistle too - often sounds like a police car in the distance. All turbo cars I've had have done it to a greater or lesser extent. I wouldn't worry too much. You've got warranty!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The strange thing is that it starts doing this sound, like yours, just now. After 15000km. Yes, I have got warranty for 7 years or 150000km and it is the good side here. Thanks about your prompt reply.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You should have a light whistle; otherwise you should start worrying. The whistle should be barley heard while driving. If it gives a loud whistle bring it to the garage for a checkup, if there is a problem with the turbo you should also notice that the torque will be reduced.

·
Registered
682 Posts
You have the world's finest warranty, so there will be no expences on you, if something's wrong with your engine (I hope not!!)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I should book an appointment at both the doctors and the Kia garage to make sure if I was you. Maybe you've got the first turbo car ever without a light whistle :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi there,

My turbo is producing more noise and the performance is reduced now. The garage still says nothing is going wrong (talking about warranty!!!). It is the worst car I have ever drived in: Gear-shifting. Performance. Suspension. Brakes.
I change the gearoil. I put TOTAL. Is better but not a lot.
Good performance only for 20000km. Turbo failed.
Diesel has more kg so is a big mistake the fact that has no tuned suspension. Petrol models is much better (1.4 and 1.6).
Do not force the brakes at corners. Your car will going like snake.
When you drive cars like Citroen Xsara II you fill the difference on Gearshifting, Performane, Suspension and road stability!!! I will sale the KIA. I will look for the new Focus or C4 or any other.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi there,

My turbo is producing more noise and the performance is reduced now. The garage still says nothing is going wrong (talking about warranty!!!). It is the worst car I have ever drived in: Gear-shifting. Performance. Suspension. Brakes.
Diesel has more kg so is a big mistake the fact that has no tuned suspension. Petrol models is much better (1.4 and 1.6).
When you drive cars like Citroen Xsara II you fill the difference on Gearshifting, Performane, Suspension and road stability!!! I will sale the KIA. I will look for the new Focus or C4 or any other.
Do you know for sure that suspensions are not "tuned" for the diesel?
Dont blame the car because of a bad garage/dealer...

·
Registered
739 Posts
cypanikos,
go ahed... sell the car! You'll probably make someone happier!
But when you buy the c4... well... good luck is all I can say!

Have you tried contacting one other service, and not always the same?

BTW, who the hell forces the brakes on a corner? That's BAD driving! And the snake bit... that's the ESP correcting you st*pid mistake for braking hard on a corner!

Care to explain how a less powerfull (Hp and Torque) and heavier C4 or Focus has more performance?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there,

well...

you shouldn't do Sports Driving with the KIA!

you can't do it with the C4!!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Hi there,

Surely this guy took the Cee'd for a test drive before he bought it???????
Or maybe he should have test driven all three cars he was interested in before he bought the Cee'd?????

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
17 Participants
amilo16
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing