Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but Carens has disappointed me with regard to its fuel consumption…see they say its 37 mpg but all I manage to get is 33mpg now wats dis crap..?? sucks man…it sucks big time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by thinkin@Aug 11 2004, 02:43 PM
Sorry but Carens has disappointed me with regard to its fuel consumption…see they say its 37 mpg but all I manage to get is 33mpg now wats dis crap..?? sucks man…it sucks big time

YES, it sucks big time. From my usage (town use only), i only managed 18mpg!!! Damn mistake and i mean big time mistake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by cruiser08@Dec 6 2004, 01:01 PM
YES, it sucks big time. From my usage (town use only), i only managed 18mpg!!! Damn mistake and i mean big time mistake.
hi im driving a 2003 Kia carens and i gotta agree that the fuel consumption is a major disappointment. so any ways to improve it guys?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear, All

I have kia carens II been driving for two months and no problem at all, do you know why?.....because It's brand new man......! :D

So just sell the old carens as a solution and buy carens II, you will not get a disapinment

Ciao....

Didino

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Din,

Dont be too excited. I'm driving CArens 2004 and I agree with them that the consumption is really sucks. 8 km/l

·
Registered
2004 Kia Carens
42 Posts
Originally posted by cruiser08@Dec 13 2004, 03:48 PM
Hi Din,

Same here as with Zenius. Mine is just 1 month old and my consumption is about 6.5km/liter !!!
Bro, so how's your ride now.... :)

After the initial break-in process got any changes on FC ???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by kerapu2003@Feb 21 2005, 03:30 AM
Bro, so how's your ride now.... :)

After the initial break-in process got any changes on FC ???

I've got a Kia Carens 2001 registration and I still get 32mpg out of it. The trick is not to thrash the engine by driving the engine in the high revs. It's not a sports car and never will be :rolleyes: so change gear at 2.5-3k revs and your fuel consumption will be fine. I drive most everywhere in high gear. Third gear thro 5th gear are fine to drive as low as 1500 revs. :57:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Carens
42 Posts
Originally posted by Chimera@Feb 22 2005, 05:35 AM
I've got a Kia Carens 2001 registration and I still get 32mpg out of it. The trick is not to thrash the engine by driving the engine in the high revs. It's not a sports car and never will be :rolleyes: so change gear at 2.5-3k revs and your fuel consumption will be fine. I drive most everywhere in high gear. Third gear thro 5th gear are fine to drive as low as 1500 revs. :57:
Have you done any mod on your ride??

·
Registered
24 Posts
I test drive the Carens 2.0 EX yesterday. Here are some of the observations that I noted.
- the engine is surprising not very noisy. It’s new I guess :)
- power and responds wise, I think it nothing to the Honda City. In fact, it quite reminds me of my Hyundai Excel kind a engine responds.
- the audio is rather weak. Can't seems to enjoy the bass. :(
- it can be rather warm at the rear, I could hardly feel the aircon at the rear I guess vcool or ritecool would make it much more comfortable.
- it’s a bit of plastic inside, cheap, if you may add. :unsure:
- the rear seats are good for kids for up to age at most 12 years.
I spoke to the sales guys about FC. He told me that for the Carens 2.0EX it SHOULD give 9km/liter. As to the 1.8LS, he kinda agreed that, it has low
FC, the reason being that because the car is under power, drivers tend to have a heavy foot. But then when you press hard the AT goes to a lower
gear and therefore the FC drops. The A/T has D, D3, D2 and L.

·
Registered
kia sportage crdi 138bhp 6 speed 2006
13 Posts
How did you get a 2005 1.8 (petrol) Carens in the UK? they have only sold diesel models here for some time now.

confused!

Rob

(2.0crdi 42mpg)

·
Registered
kia sportage crdi 138bhp 6 speed 2006
13 Posts
Indeed they have! well well.. I guess they need to compete with the Tacuma and such like. Its interesting to see there are now 3 specification levels with LE as the top. But there are no levels that include all the equipment the SE had, but then prices are down a bit.

I am just dissapointed that when we bought our SE leather interior wasn't available as it is now on the LE spec. Its about the only luxury missing and would have finished it off nicely.

The new 2.0 petrol doesn't look bad but is a long way behind the diesel in torque and the Carens is a big vehicle. I bet the diesel will still be the preferable engine.

I have not timed it but Kia's published 0-60 for a diesel of 13.5 seconds seems a bit underated to me as it feels quicker (certainly now its got 16k on the clock and loosened up).

I also note on the website that they are now fitting Michelin tyres, the korean ones were not bad for grip but wore quickly.

I suspect the changes to the range are meant as a mid term freshen up as I believe the new carens is due late this year / early next?

I will be very interested to see it as Kia's development is getting better and better, only downside of their rapid cycle is the effect on residual values of what quickly become old models. And I do wish they would do Euro Ncap tests too!!

Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is 1500km. I am getting a FC of 7.3km per liter. So far, I only pump SPC.
I started with an FC of abput 6.5km per liter! for below 1000kn reding.

I will try Shell soon. I read sonewhere in this forum that Shell seems to give better
FC.

:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yo,

I'm not sure about the conversion from gallons to litres.

My 2.0 Carens has about 2k in mileage, and the FC is about 8km/l. Started off about 7km/l. Wife has stopped complaining about the FC since it started improving.

We'll see if it improves further.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts