Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI KIA FRIENDS,

I ONLY NOW DISCOVERED THIS WEBSITE.
I BOUGHT MY KIA CARENS LAST YEAR IN SEPTEMBER,AND HAVE TO DATE COVERED 7500 KM.SO FAR I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THIS VEHICLE.ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT THERE ARE VERY FEW OF THESE VEHICLES AROUND HERE,SO THERE IS NO ONE THAT I CAN ACTUALLY TALK TO RE PERFORMANCE,FUEL CONSUMPTION,TECHNICAL DETAILS ETC.
HOPE TO GAIN INFO ON THIS SITE.

REGARDS - ANDRE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad that more are c-ing Carens in good light. The MPV that is value for money. Minus the rear seat leg space and FC ; most parts are Ok.

I clocked about 58 000 km - to date , I have change a battery ( 1.2 years = failed , Ok for korean std ) , a radiator hose ( change color = due to filler imgration of polymeric materials ) , a defective handle , front driver door , distributor cables for s/plugs ( 11 months = this is really poor quality ). Tyres ( 1.5 yrs = ok )

Heys guys - I hear of Ecotek to reduce FC. If it works or others , plse recommend where to get it = needed cheap and good ( value for money )

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Qaryang,

I would like to learn on how to spot a faulty distributor cable. I had just got a flat battery today. Do you got it change under warranty in C&C?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to world of Koreans - sorry man , they know too well ; the battery is not under warranty after 1 yr - I think so , and the distributor is not warranty at all. therefore cost , battery = S$ 180.00 ( Flat base with clip , european type ) and Distributor = ~ S$ 150.00 - I think so = cannot remember .

When distributor is malfunctioning , the engine jerks = noisy, because the timing is out of sequence. the FC is increase

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello There Friends,

I am in a similar situation with Koosie, and normally would ask similar info. Still my great concern is FC, I have clocked approximately 6000 km only, have just finished the 6 month service. I have already complained to KIA at Setapak, yet it seemed nothing had been done. Right now I'm still averaging just around 6km/liter on city driving -- is this normal? Any other KIA service center just around KL you could recommend? Keep on hearing about Ecotek -- is it useful?, approximate price? will it void the Warranty?

Thanks in advance...Cheers, Jogi1

·
Registered
2004 Kia Carens
42 Posts
Originally posted by JOGI1@Feb 19 2005, 09:48 AM
Hello There Friends,

I am in a similar situation with Koosie, and normally would ask similar info. Still my great concern is FC, I have clocked approximately 6000 km only, have just finished the 6 month service. I have already complained to KIA at Setapak, yet it seemed nothing had been done. Right now I'm still averaging just around 6km/liter on city driving -- is this normal? Any other KIA service center just around KL you could recommend? Keep on hearing about Ecotek -- is it useful?, approximate price? will it void the Warranty?

Thanks in advance...Cheers, Jogi1
Bro, you can try this website.....
http://www.motortrader.com.my/asp/forum/fo...asp?FORUM_ID=46
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I am new to this site as well, and proud owner of a KIA Carens EX CRDi since 6 months. Being a former Toyota lover, I must say I am impressed with this car. Spacious, easy to drive, and excellent sitting comfort. This is my first diesel, so I have to get used to driving it. Maybe a stupid question, but what is the optimum rpm to change to higher gear with mimimum fuel consumption?

Jan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts