Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Carens
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello World,

Has anyone tried fitting an performance airfilter such as a K&N (for example), one the 'add in chips'.

I do a lot of miles it's 44 miles to work (about 70km's) plus visits to customers..

thanks

Greyhound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by greyhound@Nov 14 2004, 06:25 AM
Hello World,
Has anyone tried fitting an performance airfilter such as a K&N (for example), one the 'add in chips'.

I do a lot of miles it's 44 miles to work (about 70km's) plus visits to customers..

thanks

Greyhound.
Hi,

Just join the forum, I got the same FC here; 8.5 average. Saw some got 10+. Interested how? :unsure:
Cheers,
Pat....

·
Registered
30 Posts
HI patchong,

HAve you tried using micro-compressor? My friend tried using this and he says that he got ~10 km/l. I'm using ecotek and I got 9~9.5 km/l. If I were to use shell 95/98 petrol, I could achieve ~ 10km/l. So Shell really give me extra mileage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here you go, air filter for the T8D engine.

Sorry about the bad quality pic, had to use my crummy handphone to take it. Didn't have my camera with me, and my hands were dirty right after I installed it.

As for upgraded chips, I don't think there are stock ones available outright in the marketplace. Unless you're looking for a costly remapping of the ECU, I'd suggest not pushing the engine too much. :)

Oh, btw, the sound of the suction is tremendously loud. If you're sensitive about noise, then I discourage you to upgrade it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The original poster has a diesel carnes, so could use a diesel boost chip.
Would advise against free flow filter kits on a diesel, VERY noisy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Cruiser,

I would recommend you to try microcompressor. Ecotek is also good but always has the hissing sound,. Always attract others attention.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by zenius@Dec 12 2004, 10:30 PM
Hi Cruiser,

I would recommend you to try microcompressor. Ecotek is also good but always has the hissing sound,. Always attract others attention.

Hi Zenius,

Where can i find the microcompressor? What make and model?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is what I've done with mine. Ignore the shiny silver tank, it's an auxillary brake booster tank. It's now been moved to another safer location.

Yes, the suction noise of the air filter is noisy, BUT it can be reduced if you use the stock intake and the resonating box( filter chamber), together with the filter. This way, it'll look stock, except that you can't close the top of the air filter chamber.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any of you guys heard about a product called CYCLONE2? It is suppose to make the air swirl into the combustion chamber at a faster rate and thus providing more power and better fuel economy. There is website on this product at http://www.cyclone2.com. Is this product any good in helping out on fuel economy?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cyclones are useless, I don't think so as it does give you a slight difference in the performance. Later, you won't feel a thing once you got use to it.

I am using cyclones and it gave me somewhat slightly lower noticeable mileage consumption.

However my advice is don't waste your money. If you have bought a Carens, it means you have the "bucks" to maintain it so don't complain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
G'day Guys,
I'm the new comer and interested to find out more on how to get better performance for Carens which have 1.8 but run like 1.3. Not looking for speed but to get better fuel consumption up to 10/L.
Any recommandations?

Cheers

·
Registered
2004 Kia Carens
42 Posts
Originally posted by kwkhong@Jan 11 2005, 06:07 PM
Cyclones are useless, I don't think so as it does give you a slight difference in the performance. Later, you won't feel a thing once you got use to it.

Cyclones works when your rpm hit above 3k, lower then that it does not work.

:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll say it again. Cyclones are useless. THere has been many publications about it (non-advertisements) from both the cyclone's country of origin as well as the US and various European magazines and television shows.

Not ONE of them found ANY difference in ANY car whether it was performance or mileage (most had it installed in at least 3 cars). They had it dyno tested before and after, long term tests with the cyclone to check on mileage issues.

Cyclones do not work, they are useless. Sorry for the people that bought it, you guys wasted your money.

Cyclones have already been busted as a myth in Korea, and naturally, their marketing efforts has been concentrated on overseas markets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi People,
;)
Blackmamba here! Just sharing that I converted to 17inch low profile wheels but added Fuel Magnets, E68, Elect Cables,Powerjet and met the 10Km/liter mark.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2004 Kia Carens
42 Posts
Originally posted by Richard Leong@Feb 20 2005, 06:24 PM
G'day
Interested to know more of the microchip u're using, which workshop.

Bro, microchip are actually carbon resistor. Not good to fix as it ofset the ECU to burn more fuel and have more power.... :57:

Can try volt stabilizer and grounding, the are some offer at onemotoring. Some of them have try the product and found that there are some improvement in the way the car runs.... :grin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts