Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ceed 3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently had a kia approved car and was told it was a manager or supervisor from kia that had it before us and we had the logbook come through on Friday and it said it was a hire company that had the car???
I phoned the garage and they denied saying it was one owner before us and because we didn't ask if it was a hire car then that's why they didn't tell us.

Has anyone else had a kia approved car and found out the same as I'm discusted at the fact I was miss led to believe it was one owner before us.
The car is mint as it was registered in April 2012 and done 12000 miles but I am now wondering how well the car was handeled before us as being a hire car then multiple people have drove the car and TBH who drives a hire car carefully?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Common fact is garages only tell customers what they want to hear. Without a witness and taking the garage to court you can do nothing.

But providing the car has been serviced correctly you will have the rest of the 7 year warranty to sort any issues. If its a diesel its not due until April or 20,000 miles if that arrives sooner but if its a petrol it should have been serviced at 12,000 miles (or ist it 10,000), if it was not carried out you will no longer have a warranty on the car.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
Even if it was a hire car unfortunately if it was just them that owned it before then it is indeed a one owner car!

Perhaps a case of Caveat Emptor?

They may not have been overly open with the truth but they werent exactly lying in saying its a one owner car. Just maybe not the type of owner you were led to believe.

And as has already been said, if you dont have any way of proving what was said to you then you are kinda stuffed im afraid.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quite a lot of Kia used approved, 1 owner cars originated in a car rental company, mine did and I know of several others.

·
Registered
2010 Pro Ceed CRD-i 1.6
84 Posts
I knowingly bought a Ford Siera 12 months old ex rental car with 38,000 miles recorded and it was in perfect condition cosmeticly and mechanicly I got it for a bargain price with a full 12 months parts and labour warranty I kept it for 8 years covering over 100,000 miles only replacing tyres and doing servicing best car I've owned

·
Registered
KIA C'eed SW2 ecodynamic
64 Posts
We recently had a kia approved car and was told it was a manager or supervisor from kia that had it before us and we had the logbook come through on Friday and it said it was a hire company that had the car???
I phoned the garage and they denied saying it was one owner before us and because we didn't ask if it was a hire car then that's why they didn't tell us.

Has anyone else had a kia approved car and found out the same as I'm discusted at the fact I was miss led to believe it was one owner before us.
The car is mint as it was registered in April 2012 and done 12000 miles but I am now wondering how well the car was handeled before us as being a hire car then multiple people have drove the car and TBH who drives a hire car carefully?
I had a pre approved used car that was also from a car hire company.. the fact is, most of your pre approved cars will be rentals, as who else would turn in a vehicle with less than 20,000. sure, there are a few that are non rentals, but not no where near enough to supply the market. you do have a 60 days or 1000 miles to turn it in if you have issues with it. my dealer was very good about it. I turned in my first ceed due to ongoing issues. the dealer bent over backwards. as far as the warranty goes, if they sell it to you as pre approved, then prior service does not matter, they are guaranteeing that it is up to par as far as warranty goes. the only thing I would say is that you should check things like air filters, as this was missed on all the ones I test drove and had. common issues with the ceed will be pulling to the left, cruise control faults and ISG issues, all covered by warranty.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Rio 1.4 Strike
15 Posts
Pretty much anything that is young with that kind of mileage on it is going to be ex-rental (although I did just sell an 18 month old Picanto with 21,000 on the clock which was privately owned by myself from new!)

Anything that is said to be a "manager's car" etc is widely known as dealer speak for "rental".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts