Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia Anniversary – What happened in 2004?

In 2004, Kia launched the second generation Sportage, as well as expanding its footprint of global production in Slovakia and China.

More...

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
In 2004 KIA got money an lots of help from Hyundai ... (actually a few years earlier) The Sportage and the Tucson were very close relatives as was the "new" Spectra and the Elantra... A breath of fresh air into the lungs of KIA... Cars that didn't rust out and drive trains that became known for reliability (10 years/100k warranty) on par with Honda, Toyota, .. The beginning of the "New" KIA...
Then came Peter Schreyer of Audi fame... and people started looking at KIAs...
Dave

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
In 2004 KIA got money an lots of help from Hyundai ... (actually a few years earlier) The Sportage and the Tucson were very close relatives as was the "new" Spectra and the Elantra... A breath of fresh air into the lungs of KIA... Cars that didn't rust out and drive trains that became known for reliability (10 years/100k warranty) on par with Honda, Toyota, .. The beginning of the "New" KIA...
Then came Peter Schreyer of Audi fame... and people started looking at KIAs...
Dave
2009 I came real close to buying a Soul, when the dealer tried to sell my an extended warranty, and said
that the timing belt had to be replaced at about 60 thousand miles I walked away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts