Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(

I notice that my 2004 Kia Amanti windshield is continuously being hit by rocks on Route 80 and I have over 3 cracks in my windshield. I never had this with any other vehicle in over 40 years. Any comments why this is happening? Is the windshield less resistant to this? any recommendations as to what to do?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I get hit by allot of rocks and debris as well on 168 from NC to VA everyday, doesn't help that its a major thorough fare for allot of gravel and demolition trucks. I think I notice the rocks more now then before but I have not cracked my windshield yet or done any major damage.

It may just be luck, I've only cracked 2 windshields on all of my cars while I was driving. the 1st was a rock from an 18 wheeler and the 2nd one was just recently when a rock came from the other side of the highway, so combined speed would be over 100mph on that 1. The 2nd one totally wiped out my windshield, it looked more like it had been hit with a bat then a rock.

I have a bra on the front of my car now to help protect it from the stone damage and the enormous amount of bugs we have in the summer. Other then driving a little different and avoiding the big rigs or getting a bug deflector there isn't allot you can do. Taller vehicles actually do better, trucks better then cars, tall cars better then low ones and so on. The amanti is pretty tall for a car, I take allot of rocks in the nose, in my camaro which is low I would a taken a couple right in the middle of the hood or in its windshield.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi! B)
Last summer I was heading north on I-75 just above Tampa and a truck kicked up a rock that cracked my windshield. I had to have it replaced and luckily, it was 100% covered by my insurance.
It was replaced neatly and is now exactly as it was before.
Today, I was driving around town, and another truck, being bounced around by some railroad tracks kicked up again a large item and again my windshield was hit. It bounced off the glass and scared the *@[email protected]* out of me. Luckily, this time the glass was fine, (I still can't believe it).
So, I can't truly answer your question -as one time it cracked, and the other time it stood up well.

-Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts