Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings folks,

Just picked up my Silver Amanti a few weeks ago (Packages CV, ES, PL, RX) and have since started on a quest to seek out some mods. I saw 'kiakilla96' ask about this in another thread as well.

Granted, the car itself is not really popular with the accessorizes and tuners I'm sure, but there must be something out there. Even if you have installed general mods yourself (aftermarket head units, LCDs, subs, rims, tint etc.), please take some pics (if you can) and share :haha:! (Even if it's just pics of your car with nice window tinting!) This, I believe, is one of this biggest forums of Amanti gathers, so it's up to us to share ideas and accomplishments. :thumbsup:

I thought I would keep this post up to date as we find new aftermarket resources for this car. I already emailed KFX Performance ( http://www.kfxperformance.com ) inquiring about any known aftermarket parts (as their site lists none) and am awaiting a response. On an interesting tangent, an Amanti I have seen in my local dealership has a vinyl top covering embroidered with "Signature Series", the first I have seen in person or online. They said it was done in their 'custom shop'.

Regardless, this is what I know of so far (as mentioned by 'kiakilla96' as well):

-= H&R Sport Springs =-
Retail purchase: http://www.autocarparts.com/part/179/328
Actual Retail /w shipping: $243.78 Kit
Manufacturer: http://www.hrsprings.com
Stage: Sport Spring
Chassis / Drivetrain: Typ LD
Approx. Front Lowering: 1.2
Approx. Rear Lowering: 1.2
Part Number: 29217-1
Suggested Retail: $329.00 Kit

-= HID-like Headlight Bulbs =-
Retail purchase: http://www.coolbulbs.com/bulbsbody.asp
One featured manufacturer: http://www.piaa.co.uk/bulbs/bulbs.asp
Size needed: unknown at the moment! (If anyone knows the headlight bulb sizes, please post!)

-= <more here soon> =-

Please contribute to this thread with your mods and suggestions (Cold Air Intakes, ECU chips, body kits, interior kits, etc.). Like I said, I will update this first post as appropriate.

Thanks again folks! :57:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Kia Amanti “Stage 1” Concept Vehicle
http://www.kia.com/110403.php

Arriving in dealer showrooms in late-November, the all-new 2004 Amanti large premium sedan is the newest addition to the growing Kia product range and the most recent fulfillment of the company’s plans to reach out to a larger number of American consumers.

The Amanti is no cookie-cutter car, and the Amanti “Stage 1” concept vehicle builds upon the sedan’s bold styling cues such as its classically inspired grille and its limousine-like roofline, adding several elegant, yet subtle, design touches.

Working together, Kia and No Limits added black chrome exterior trim pieces, a dramatically lowered sport suspension system, a stainless mesh front grille and plus-one 17-inch uni-directional tires to give the Amanti Stage 1 concept vehicle its powerful stance and to help set the concept car apart from its production sibling. Black chrome alloy wheels, tinted windows, “Jet Black” exterior paint and a custom dual exhaust system are the final touches that provide a more upscale, personalized look to the premium sedan.

Inside, the all-new Amanti features an elegant interior design highlighted by a wide range of standard comfort, safety and convenience features, including eight airbags and the most sophisticated audio system ever offered in a Kia – a six-channel, eight-speaker, 270-watt sound system by Infinity featuring an in-dash six-disc CD changer, AM/FM receiver and cassette deck. The Amanti Stage 1 concept car takes Amanti’s rich surfaces and useful features to a new level with enhancements such as a rear seat DVD entertainment system and Bluetooth enabled hands-free phone system.
The Amanti — Kia’s first full-size luxury sedan, which debuted in Geneva as the Opirus and was introduced to Americans at the New York International Auto Show in early spring — already evokes the Ford Crown Victoria’s exterior lines and the grille-and-headlight styling of the Mercedes-Benz sedans; the Stage 1 makeover at SEMA gives the Amanti an athletic visage akin to that of Mercury’s Grand Marquis-on-steroids, the Marauder, but less audacious.

A stainless-steel mesh grille enhances the front end of the Kia Amanti with the Stage 1 package.

A stainless-steel mesh grille, black-chrome trim and black-chrome alloy wheels, “Jet Black” paint and tinted windows give the Amanti Stage 1 its “bad” attitude. The wheels are 17 inches and the suspension has been lowered. The car also has a custom dual exhaust.

While the regular Amanti comes with a six-channel, eight-speaker Infinity sound system with an in-dash six-disc CD player and cassette player, the Amanti Stage 1 adds a rear-seat DVD entertainment system and Bluetooth-enabled hands-free phone system.

No Limits custom shop joined Kia for the Amanti Stage 1 project.

The Amanti and the Stage 1 concepts are indicators of the company’s efforts to attract larger numbers of American consumers. The Amanti will reach dealers in the near future — and might broaden Kia’s appeal among older, affluent car buyers — but it's unclear whether the Stage 1 concepts will come to fruition and lead to a Stage 2 and Stage 3, and a full-scale authorized-aftermarket-parts program. Such a program might expand Kia’s standing among the highlyprized youth market.

Kim Custer, director of public relations for Kia, made it clear that the Stage 1 concept display was a purely exploratory endeavor — “an approach we’d like to take . . . [that] we’re showing here for feedback.”

Butterfield speculated that the Stage 1 concept package, if it came to market in its current form, would add $2,500 to $3,000 to the cars’ retail price.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,100 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by 1fastkia@Feb 2 2005, 11:30 AM
want mods get mods
www.kfxperformance.com
even got a supercharger.
my place i get parts.

also tons of info on www.streetkiaz.com
Thanks for the reply. I emailed and PMed Bill from kfxperformance.com and am waiting to hear back. Their site doesn't list any Amanti mods that I could find.

Streetkiaz.com is, of course, a great packed resource. Sadly, their is not much Amanti representation on their at all, I don’t believe (no Amanti-specific forum section). It seems most folks there are rather anti-Amanti (from the thread search replies I read), but I will give it a shot.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
51 Posts
I have also been looking at mods for the Amanti. Mine is an 04 Rosewood color. I have my windows tinted, headlight bulbs changed, 2 - 10" Infinity subs with an 800 watt Kenwood, no emblems, air intake. First off on the headlights they are H7 & H3. If you look close at the rubber boot around the headlight when you open the hood the numbers are stamped on it. I looked for a K&N air filter but they do not have a listing. I went to the local Auto Zone and asked them if I could check the dimensions of their K&N filters. They said yes and the one that is the closest is for the new Chrysler 300c Hemi. It is about a 1/4 off. I added 2 small pieces of metal to the inside of the stock air box with double sided tape and it fit perfect. If you look at the mass air flow sensor it has a grid and screen in it. These can be removed. It is supposed to flow about 20% more. Also just pass the MAF sensor there is a mushroom shaped part sticking out of the intake tube. This is supposed to quiet the noise. I removed it and taped over the opening and reinstalled it. This gives a smoother shot in. I also opened 3 holes in the bottom of the air box facing the fender well to draw more air. The car runs great and has a little intake sound. On the exhaust the car has a resonator just behind the converter. This will be removed. I am doing a cat back system with 2.5" pipe and a turbo muffler. A also have a set of 20" CABO rims ordered with 245/35/20 for them. My last project is to look into the lowing springs. I want to drive it for a while with the 245 tires to make sure they clear good before I lower it. I will try to post pictures once my wheels come in. I am also looking for a different grill.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by 1fastkia+Feb 2 2005, 01:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1fastkia @ Feb 2 2005, 01:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have asked of the site and have asked about there not being any amanti talk or even a catagory. Also with kfxperformance i talk with him on a daily basis usuall or at the least weekly I will see what he can do or what he can get!
[/b]

Great...let us know!

Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 01:38 PM
Also amanti is fresh and Im sure given time there will be pleany of upgrades. At the least someone should start with looks id say!
Agreed. I think there are several possibilities in that department.

Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 02:36 PM
I have also been looking at mods for the Amanti. Mine is an 04 Rosewood color. I have my windows tinted, headlight bulbs changed, 2 - 10" Infinity subs with an 800 watt Kenwood, no emblems, air intake.
Nice! Can you elaborate on your experience with removing the emblems? What should I expect when I try to do it? (I hate emblems in general, especially the ridiculous advertisement decals dealerships try to put on the back of your car if you don’t protest).

First off on the headlights they are H7 & H4. If you look close at the rubber boot around the headlight when you open the hood the numbers are stamped on it.
Thanks for the info. What brand and model bulbs did you go with and what is your opinion on the final result?

I looked for a K&N air filter but they do not have a listing. I went to the local Auto Zone and asked them if I could check the dimensions of their K&N filters. They said yes and the one that is the closest is for the new Chrysler 300c Hemi. It is about a 1/4 off. I added 2 small pieces of metal to the inside of the stock air box with double sided tape and it fit perfect. If you look at the mass air flow sensor it has a grid and screen in it. These can be removed. It is supposed to flow about 20% more. Also just pass the MAF sensor there is a mushroom shaped part sticking out of the intake tube. This is supposed to quiet the noise. I removed it and taped over the opening and reinstalled it. This gives a smoother shot in. I also opened 3 holes in the bottom of the air box facing the fender well to draw more air.
Interesting..thanks for sharing. It would be nice if someone came out with a CAI for this car (Injen, etc.).

The car runs great and has a little intake sound. On the exhaust the car has a resonator just behind the converter. This will be removed. I am doing a cat back system with 2.5" pipe and a turbo muffler.
Are you going to dyno the car before and after? I would be interested in knowing what the actual stock wheel HP is of this car.

A also have a set of 20" CABO rims ordered with 245/35/20 for them.
Could you post a link to the rims? I have been looking at several possibilities and have yet to make a final decision :).

My last project is to look into the lowing springs. I want to drive it for a while with the 245 tires to make sure they clear good before I lower it. I will try to post pictures once my wheels come in.
Please do post some pics! I want to check out all of the mods you mentioned above, as they all sound great.

<!--QuoteBegin-PaulBenson
@Feb 2 2005, 02:36 PM
I am also looking for a different grill.
[/quote]
I second that. I am experimenting with several ideas related to that.

Regards.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
51 Posts
Radish here is the info: Removing the emblems on the trunk is easy. Heat them with a blow dryer and gently pull them off. Use oops or wd40 to get what little double sided tape is left off. Wax and your done. The KIA emblem from the trunk is the exact same size as the one on the motor. I put mine there since the factory one is not chrome. The bulbs I used were made by Street Glow and they are the Hyper White. They are supposed to look like HID which they do just not as bright. I am not planning on a dyno run but I will take it to the dragstrip this summer on their test and tune night to see how it compares to the stock times. The wheels I picked out can be seen at Wheels www.superbuywheels.com The wheel is the CABO 322 I picked it because the center is curved or rounded to match the curves on the car. The rims with straight lines look to much like sports car rims not luxury. The other thing that I have changed that I forgot to mention is that I didn't like the way the tail lights looked with only 1 chrome circle in it. I actually painted the outside of the lense in the shape of a circle in black big enough to cover the chrome underneath it. I then made the same size cirle on the lense next to it. It basically looks like two black circles on each, giving it a balanced look. I will try to take pictures this weekend and post them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had my Amanti for a month and am enjoying it, the one thing I have always felt, even since test drive was soft suspension, I followed your link to H & R Springs ( Their part # 29217-1 for the kit) and this part is still under developement, may be ready for retail in about 8 weeks. Should stiffen suspension by 20%.
I also notice some slight Strut noise (front passenger side) when hitting small bumps or briken pavement. Let us know if anyony sees a bulletin on this one

·
Registered
134 Posts
:) :thumbsup: Tell ya what, I am going to ENJOY my Amanti JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D ......Regards, rayray

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by PaulBenson+Feb 3 2005, 02:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PaulBenson @ Feb 3 2005, 02:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Radish here is the info: Removing the emblems on the trunk is easy. Heat them with a blow dryer and gently pull them off. Use oops or wd40 to get what little double sided tape is left off. Wax and your done. The KIA emblem from the trunk is the exact same size as the one on the motor. I put mine there since the factory one is not chrome.[/b]

Great! Thanks for the info...much appreciated. I will give it a go this week.

Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2005, 02:09 PM
The bulbs I used were made by Street Glow and they are the Hyper White. They are supposed to look like HID which they do just not as bright.
Interesting. I have been looking at the 'Shinning Wizards' from Polarg. They are 5000k bulbs and hopefully will look decent. How would you say the Street Glow bulbs compare to stock (brightness-wise)? Worth the trouble?

I am not planning on a dyno run but I will take it to the dragstrip this summer on their test and tune night to see how it compares to the stock times.
Yeah. I think I might do a dyno as it is stock to get a baseline before any performance mods I might undertake.

The wheels I picked out can be seen at Wheels www.superbuywheels.com The wheel is the CABO 322 I picked it because the center is curved or rounded to match the curves on the car. The rims with straight lines look to much like sports car rims not luxury.

Tough looking rims, my friend :).

The other thing that I have changed that I forgot to mention is that I didn't like the way the tail lights looked with only 1 chrome circle in it. I actually painted the outside of the lense in the shape of a circle in black big enough to cover the chrome underneath it. I then made the same size cirle on the lense next to it. It basically looks like two black circles on each, giving it a balanced look.
Interesting. I can't wait 'till you get some pics up of these mods. I really want to check them out.

Originally posted by PaulBenson[email protected] 3 2005, 02:09 PM
I will try to take pictures this weekend and post them.
Great!

Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2005, 04:17 PM
This site has an Amanti with 20" rims. I like the look.
KIA 20" rims in gallery
Agreed!

Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2005, 06:38 PM
I've had my Amanti for a month and am enjoying it, the one thing I have always felt, even since test drive was soft suspension, I followed your link to H & R Springs ( Their part # 29217-1 for the kit) and this part is still under developement, may be ready for retail in about 8 weeks. Should stiffen suspension by 20%.
I also notice some slight Strut noise (front passenger side) when hitting small bumps or briken pavement. Let us know if anyony sees a bulletin on this one
Hi :grin:. Can't you already buy the kit from the 'Retail purchase' link I put in the first post? ( http://www.autocarparts.com/part/179/328 )

...or maybe http://www.livermoreperformance.com/h&r_springs.html#kia ?

<!--QuoteBegin-rayray
@Feb 4 2005, 07:11 PM
:) :thumbsup: Tell ya what, I am going to ENJOY my Amanti JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D ......Regards, rayray
[/quote]
Aww...that's no fun ;)

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
51 Posts
Just put exhaust on this weekend. Magnaflow Muffler This the muffler I selected. It is silent at an idle. When you revit it has a low mellow tone to it. The car seems stronger over 4,500 rpm. I am very pleased with it.
PS. I did leave the resonator on. We tried it without it and it was to loud.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey folks,

I finally just replaced headlights in my amanti, the bulb size is a h7. i recently bought some 20 inch chrome spokes with the spokes powder coated black, with the nipples and lip left chrome, those are next to go on. i was leavin work a couple of weeks ago and bottomed out my car hard! so right now i am going resonator and muffler less, looking at installin a jaguar s-type bodykit, with a borla muffler and a quad oval tips with amanti inscribed on the tops .
Thinkin about building custom short ram intake, good idea or bad?
Does anybody know where i can get all chrome trim, Black chrome?
also lookin to get interior fake wood grain turned into black mahogoney, can anybody help me out? thanks, jr
will send in pics soon
DO NOT PUT 4 15" woofers in the amanti, ur panels and trunk will fall apart!LOL! oops and damn! I have spent more money fixing the car then hookin it up because of my Damn system!

·
Registered
5 Posts
:( I am looking for a front grille for the amanti for a car I have on my showroom floor... anyone help me out..... we put 18" on the car so far but we want to put the grille on... Please help me out on a site to look at.

Kia Of Milford
www.zeeauto.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replacing H7 bulbs was actulay very easy. Takes about 10 minutes. I have cool blue bulbs in now and it makes a big difference...Much brigher and make the car look like even better....

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.