Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
TPYN,
It's fairly simple. First, start your car. Set the on-door memory button to where you want everything to be. Turn off your car and remove the key from the ignition. Push the look button on your remote TWICE. Push the unlock button on the remote once. You're all set!

I get to do this frequently, as my dear hubby often borrows my keys and has a nasty habit of hitting the lock button twice when he gets out of the car, just to make sure it worked. My remote gets set to his memory settings every time he does this. But, at least it's easy to reset!

tawfoster

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just sets the memory settings. Doesn't program the keypad to communicate with the car's security system. Maybe an alarm dealer can program the remote for less than the car dealer is going to charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!

I know that my question is off toppic, but i was wondering, if is it possible to reprogramme remote for Kia clarus car. My (both) stoped working, not at the same time...

Led light commes on when i push the buttons but the car does not ulock/lock.
(i tried with new battery, i cleaned it inside). I think that it emmits wrong frequency.

Sorry about my english.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra5
76 Posts
I have always used the HiScan-pro & reprogamming card. Other markets besides North America will probably use the Hi-Ds scan tool.
You have a good question ..............I will see if it is possible w/o the scan tool.
There may be an alternate / manual procedure, similar to Nissan / Infiniti.
I will check tommorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts