Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Maybe the folks on the other side of the pond don't know what and "aerial" is.
What's a Sedona? Not expert in them, certainly. (But I have changed my radio antenna mast :laugh: )

Incidentally - what is the 'other' side of the pond? One of us must live there and the OP is on my side of it .......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's a Sedona? Not expert in them, certainly. (But I have changed my radio antenna mast :laugh: )

Great. The Kia Sedona was once popular this side of the pond (Its just a big one.)lol.....

How did u guide it in. Or did u have to strip it down.

Parcel:clap:

·
Super Moderator
9,211 Posts
I know the antenna are most likely the same, but is this a 2006 2.9CRDI auto diesel Kia Sedona we're discussing, and if so why would you chose to post it in the Sorento section - should we move it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I know the antenna are most likely the same, but is this a 2006 2.9CRDI auto diesel Kia Sedona we're discussing, and if so why would you chose to post it in the Sorento section - should we move it?
Simple, because the mast an rope look the same on ebay..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-KIA-S...0/143009742537
Sedona owners don't tend to go for that sort of thing. Cos I never had any hits on the Sedona forum in the UK.......

Logical really...:innocent:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Great. The Kia Sedona was once popular this side of the pond (Its just a big one.)lol.....

How did u guide it in. Or did u have to strip it down.

Parcel:clap:
Well, it was a long time ago. I followed a video I found on line. Didn't take to long to find it again - or one very similar. The important thing is you would do well to get a third hand to assist. I managed without, by working the power on/off while leaning through the open window from outside and working the mast rope with my other hand. Might not work for you on a Sedona (I do know them, but no idea where the aerial is).

The VERY important bit (if not too late) on the Sorento there is a section of mast at the bottom end that is removable from the mast itself. This need to be retained and fitted to the new mast as it is not supplied with the new masts that Kia sells for Sorento.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well, it was a long time ago. I followed a video I found on line. Didn't take to long to find it again - or one very similar. The important thing is you would do well to get a third hand to assist. I managed without, by working the power on/off while leaning through the open window from outside and working the mast rope with my other hand. Might not work for you on a Sedona (I do know them, but no idea where the aerial is).

Thanks there's only one thing. There's no cable teeth on the rope to grip, its completely smooth. Just like this one for the Sorento or the Cerato:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-KIA-Sorento-2002-2006-Retractable-Aerial-Antenna-Mast-New-962203E200/143009742537.

That's the reason I put up this thread on here. If it was cable teeth, it would be much easier..So its back to the drawing board, I guess......:confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No cable teeth on mine either. 'T' piece or plug on the end of 'rope' does the same thing. You just have to work with it until it engages with the receiver in the mechanism. Not difficult nor rocket science just a bit of a fiddle.
I see, thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Disappearing fast, I hope...

Well, I got my replacement aerial antenna rope, now I just gotta figure out how to feed it in to catch, so it retracts inside vehicle when radio is switched off..

Anyone got any ideas!:nerd:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
3 Participants
Paul Everitt
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing