Kia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SX
18 Posts
Hmm, my estimated return is $179 and change. Small consolation for already putting over 23,000 miles on the car in 9 months.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
I put my VIN in and it says I am not qualified for this. I bought my car in June 2012. It does not list Rio5 in the list at all, just the Rio. Maybe that is why?

Edit: After trying this 3 times yesterday, I attempted it again right now...and it is working. It is giving me an estimate of about $90

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SX
18 Posts
Swung by the dealership yesterday to get the refund started. I was asked for the vehicle registration (which is simply the sheet that the window sticker comes on in Texas), and fortunately it was still in the glove compartment and not lost. I am not sure if this is standard practice for this or just something my dealership was asking for, but make sure you have it with you just in case.

Basically looking at a week or so for it to get processed and then 4 to 5 weeks to receive the debit card. However, I have always found that the companies sourcing the debit cards move much faster than the estimates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 Kia Rio5 LX Poor MPG

I know this thread appears to be dead or dormant however I though I would add my two cents to the many previous Posts. I took delivery of my 2012 Kia Rio5 LX Automatic on 11/01/2011. I live in South FL where cold temperatures don`t exist and have no impact whatsoever on Fuel Economy. From day 1, this vehicle has had very poor gas mileage. The Kia Dealer stated that it needed a proper "break in period", eh? 11K driven over 17 months enough "break-in" time? I`m not here to bash either Kia or Hyundai. I`ve owned previously 3 of their Cars including a 2008 Sonata as well as a 2006 "Kia Rio5" which I traded in with over 70K to be replaced by my 2012 Kia Rio5. The (old) one got better MPG then the new one. Odd, would you say? State of the art 1.6 ltr engine, (with GDI) and 6 speed automatic transmission and I get consistent 22-23 MPG City and 31-32 MPG Highway! Sure its a great looking Sub-Compact Car, IMO, Best in Class. Its comfortable, rides well, plenty of power, excellent steering and braking (BUT) I could get the same fuel economy in a Kia Optima! For the previous Posters who claim the EPA (always) inflates the Manufacturer`s estimated City/Highway/Combined numbers, I say usually, but not always! I happen to own a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback also with a 1.6 ltr 4 cyl engine (minus GDI) and a 6 speed (dual-clutch) Automatic Transmission. Sure the Kia Rio has more H.P., more torque, and the Ford Fiesta does occasionally have that annoying transmission hesitation (BUT) from day one, 33-35 MPG City and 41-43 mpg Highway in a similar size/weight Sub Compact/ B Segment Vehicle. HKAG with its Accent & Rio needs to make some drastic and immediate changes for its 2014 and future MY vehicles. Still (like) my Kia Rio5, probably would still have purchased it for its "Value" a lot of Car for the Buck but it fails miserably in being the fuel sipper it was marketed as. A Visa/Mastercard for $50 does`nt make everything right! Case Closed!

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
I happen to own a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback also with a 1.6 ltr 4 cyl engine (minus GDI) and a 6 speed (dual-clutch) Automatic Transmission. Sure the Kia Rio has more H.P. said:
Hi. You stole my lines!!! My brother-in-law drives a Fiesta 2011. Can't say I love his car but I love is FE. As you say, 35-43 MPG from day one. Knowing what I know now, I would have gone for my very first choice: Elantra. Bigger, almost same price, more powerful engine and same FE if not better. Fortunately, everything else works like a charm in the little car and it's fully equipped. After all, maybe it's a trade-off.

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
the Rio SLS in australia outstrips the Fiesta Zetec (top model) in almost every regard.. 4 wheel disc vs drum rear, climate control vs manual aircon, leather seats vs cloth, 17" wheels vs 16" wheels, auto wipers vs manual, DRL's vs none, LED tail lights and brakes vs incandescent, 6 speed manual vs 5 speed manual (and 6A dual clutch option), direct inject vs MPi, 103kw vs 89kw from memory, the list goes on. The aircon didn't even work properly in our test Fiesta on a 30deg C day. I also think the interior is hideous and the exterior very questionable and feminine. I did like the support the seats in the Fiesta gave though.

Even with the issues my Rio has, i'd still take it over the Fiesta any day of the week. And i'm a Ford man!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 SX
17 Posts
Consumer Reports facts

Consumer Reports (USA) gave 2012-13 Kia Rio 21-22 MPG City, and 37 MPG Highway FE with combined FE 29MPG. These numbers are kind of accurate...at least for me, because I usually get between 25-27 MPG in the city, and 33-36 Highway.
FE sucks big time (if you ask me), but the car is very nice and I hope dependable and reliable.
Drive your Kia Rios gentlemen, and do not look at FE:D

·
Registered
'12 Kia Rio LX. '11 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Honda S2000, '11 Husaberg FS570, KTM 990 Adventure
267 Posts
"If you’re a current owner, it’s important to note that reimbursement will be available for as long as you own your vehicle."

so, kia will pay us forever? how awesome is that? :)

·
Registered
2013 rio5 lx 6spd man.
4 Posts
cpu says i avg 38. thats an avg of the avg lol. mostly highway use. on 87 oct.
im a lead foot but if i do my part ive gotten the cpu to show 43 mpg but it'll hover around 38 after i rail on it. i sometimes take a side route home which is nothing but turns...in a rural area...so its gas..brakes,,,gas..brakes..for 8 miles lol .
38-40 mpg is fine by me....my fullsize truck cost me 600$ per month in gas...i can pay for the car,gas,,insurance and still come up saving money...so that works for me ;p

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.