Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a little bit about this in the Rio 2011+ forum but this has become a much larger scale issue. It goes past dealership experience and such and has turned into one of the most obnoxious, unprofessional, sleazy experiences I've had with any business.

I bought a brand new Kia about 3 weeks ago now. It was a 2013 Rio5 and I absolutely LOVED it. It had 700 miles on it when I bought it. Perfect car for me, everything. I was getting ready to take it on a long trip and then I found something in my driveway that made me stop.

A drip of something..oil or transmission fluid...in my driveway. I drove around and saw it again in a different spot. This was last Saturday (25th), literally hours before I was about to leave. (btw it had about 1900 miles on it at this point, still basically brand new)

I take it into the Kia dealership that I bought it from. I wait hours and hours at the dealership, when they tell me that they put "dye" in it and to come back Monday for them to check.

I bring it back in on the 27th (already inconvenienced as I was supposed to leave Saturday) and they tell me they need to look at it and they give me a loaner car. This doesn't really help as I can't take a loaner car on this long trip.

On Tuesday they call and tell me that they aren't sure what it is, and they are going to take the transmission apart. They take it apart and see that it is dry and that their initial diagnosis (a rear transmission seal) must be wrong. I have no idea what's going on, so I give the GM a call and he checks it out. Next, we hear from the Service manager who put more dye in the car and drove it again. He said that it WAS the rear transmission seal and that they would order the part and it would be in on Thursday (today, the 30th). I hear from them today, they put that seal on and it DOES NOT HELP. The car is still leaking. Now they tell me they need to order a "small block" and it will be in on Monday and won't be ready until next Wednesday. I was supposed to leave on the 25th and this is the most significant inconvenience that has already cost me hundreds of dollars in cancellations of hotels and flights.

I'm so insanely angry about this. I also feel so helpless, no idea what to do.

Should I be asking for them to replace it? I am going absolutely nuts here, because I am putting my life on hold and I can't do a damn thing about it.

I feel like they should be replacing the car for me. Any thoughts for me?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
They are replaceing your engine with a new short block. Sure you can ask for a new car. I don't think your going to get one, but it never hurts to ask.
Sorry to hear of your problems with moving and all.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,704 Posts

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,145 Posts
I took a dealer loaner car on a 1,200 mile trip one time. Why not? What are they going to say? I wouldn't let something like this inconvenience me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts