Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an issue with the speedo on my 2011 1.2 Rio.

When I turn the car on, drive away all works as expected. I can be 5 miles from my house doing 60MPH and when i brake to slow down gradually to say 55MPH the speedo then drops to 20MPH and bounces between 20-40MPH for a few seconds then just drops to 0MPH all along i'm doing around 60MPH. occasionally it will flicker up to 10mph then 0 again a few times over a 30 min commute.

The Rev counter is fine, the petrol guage jumps around maybe between 1/8th of the scale. The "Miles displayed to next petrol fill up" jumps around say 220 - 90 - 50 - 200 - 221 constantly.

The "Mileometer" does not change when speedo is at 0MPH.

When I turn car off (overnight), the same happens again - works as planned and 5 miles/10 mins use it goes faulty again.

The car is 8 years old, 65'000 miles.

Can anyone tell me what cable i need to "reseat" or clean under the bonnet that affects these components?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, Doing some more research this may be a speed sensor?

Can anyone point me in the direction of where this sensor is in a 2011 plate Rio and is it easy to reseat?

I have searched for engine bay diagrams for this model but cannot locate one. If anyone has such a diagram that would be great.

many thanks for reading.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
1 Participant
skidrow
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing