Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 K2700 will not go above 200 rpm regardless of which gear it is in and is putting out grayish to white smoke. Dealership is at least 2 hrs away and no knowledgeable local garages around.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Greetings,

Obvious primary checks would be good electrical power at battery, motor, and cabin, mechanical timing, ignition components,

** and - fuel - ...

If issue started after a recent fill, would suspect impaired fuel filter: if a fleet vehicle, may also want to consider checking for biologic (algae/slime) contamination in the filter and/or tank - if present, use of a bio-side to disinfect the tank may be required:

BIO KLEEN® DIESEL FUEL BIOCIDE: A dual-phase biocide to kill microbes, bacteria and fungus.

Diesel Biocide Additive? - Bob Is The Oil Guy

--
But would recommend to check w/ the Kia Dealer that is closest to your area, if no help from the local garages, locate a local (fleet) service garage, or have the vehicle towed to the dealer for comprehensive diagnostics..

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I can remember,I think there is a small wire filter under the nut in the diesel in pipe (at the injector) this could be blocked

1 - 3 of 3 Posts