Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a contact # for Bill @ KFX? I ordered a CAI from the site 3+ weeks ago and I have no way of tracking it.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
FYI it might take a little time for Bill to get back to you seeming he just moved and during the move he had computer issues and now he is having internet issues at his new house but he will get back to you though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where art thou?

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully Bill will get everything worked out and get back to me sometime this century. :confused: I've got a case of buyer's remorse.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Been there before. He will get you your stuff eventually... They are not so good with either shipping stuff they have or if they even have it in stock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Following up...

It seems Bill is still moving and having issue's with his PC. One would think from a business stand point you would leave a note on the door and website stating there current situation. I haven't heard a peep from Bill since I purchased a CAI 6+ weeks ago. He won't respond to ANY of my email's either. When and if my parts ever show up, they better be supercharged.

Anyone out there know Bill personally? Can you call him up and ask what the status of a CAI is for Matt Nelson in WA. state? I'm losing my mind here.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Im in the same boat as you. I ordered a set of white spectra gauges 2 months ago and have yet to see them. Has been a pain to get hold of as well.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Up to his old tricks he is I guess... Even if hes moving he still has a buisness to run.... This is why I so hate kfx sometimes and I am geting away from modding kias..NNothings out there and the 1 that is it takes a whole summer to just get a part..
by time you get your part its to cold to install them.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Well this is prolly the last time I will be ordering from kfx. I dont really have many more plans for the Spectra at this time and as for the Rio I wont need to go to there for the stuff I want to do to it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Heyya, gang. I've been scouting, and judging from this post... there just ain't a whole lot out there for our Kias, is there? And it sure doesn't sound like KFX is exactly everybody's favorite...

So what else is there? Can we cross-reference with other cars (mine's an 07Rio5... in case ya missed it :p !!!)? I'm not at all concerned with body kits or appearance stuff, just improving performance- engine, suspension and handling, braking...

Well, thanks for any help :D

And good luck to y'all waiting on stuff from KFX...

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
It depends on what motor and such it has. It could be closley related to hyundai stuff like the spectra is. I dunno though.

·
Registered
697 Posts
That new tiny Hyundai is built on the same platform as the Rio I think. I would call the dealership and ask what the part number is for the engine and transmission and then call the Hyundai dealership and ask them the same thing but for the other car. That's how I found out the relationship between my Spectra and the Elantra. When I go searching for performance parts I usually just input the Elantra information. I get more of a selection then.

You could try hitting up www. seoulfulracing.com to see if they have anything. They are in Korea but have been good to me so far.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Flipipino said:
That new tiny Hyundai is built on the same platform as the Rio I think. I would call the dealership and ask what the part number is for the engine and transmission and then call the Hyundai dealership and ask them the same thing but for the other car. That's how I found out the relationship between my Spectra and the Elantra. When I go searching for performance parts I usually just input the Elantra information. I get more of a selection then.

You could try hitting up www. seoulfulracing.com to see if they have anything. They are in Korea but have been good to me so far.
You know what? I've seen that URL on a Tiburon the other day. The Tib looked REALLY nice! NEWayz, We were driving passed it (prolly in a parking lot) when it caught my eye. I thought it was a catchy name to the site. I think I'll check it out!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I just checked up on my order on the kfx site and it says its been shipped from the warehouse!!!!!!!!!
I didnt think this day was going to come!!! lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KFX Customer Service ANYONE?

SPec I envy you. At least your parts are on the way. The only thing I've heard was an "order update" that said nothing. No clue's whatsoever about my order, what a tease and that was over a month ago. I've been patiently waiting 3+ month's so far and Bill has yet to contact me. I already told him I wanted a full refund. I could have bought an after market CAI on ebay for a fraction of the cost and had it within a week. NEVER buy from KfxPerformance, EVER. :mad:

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
But with that ebay intake it needs to be modded to fit correctly..... Much more work for some people...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Spec SX said:
Got the gauges today!!!!!
congrats man. you got pictures of the Install?

Back on topic

this is exactly why I have been hesitant on buying from KFX. On another site I asked for a used Front Strut tower to buy off of someone only because I rather get it slightly used then wait a month or two. On Sephias its bad enough since its not made anymore but you would think that the aftermarket on the newer kias would be better.

Guess there just isnt enough of us modding them?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
7 Participants
Spec SX
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing