Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted here when I was brand new to the site asking if KFX was for real. So, I thought I should post now that I've bought something there. I ordered the carbon hood lip on Monday I think, and it arrived today. Good service, good communication, and the part is super cool.

Thumbs up!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got my front sway bar about two weeks after I ordered it. Turns out it was a different bar than the one shown on the site. For 85 bucks I'm not going to complain, but they need to get their shit straight. Needless to say, I'm not gonna buy from them again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasn't super happy with the quality of the part, and on the StreetKiaz forum, the owner of KFX posted and said "ya, Seibon quality isn't that great, but they're the only ones who make it (or words to that effect...I'm too lazy to get the exact quote).

Um...I don't remember reading anything on the web site where I bought it that said "these are not good quality." Pretty lame.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Has anyone ordered any actual mechanical parts from KFX? i've only seen reviews on asthetics mainly.
I'm afraid to buy any real parts from them now. If you notice on the site a lot of the cam gear kits and pulley kits still don't have proper descriptions. They still say something along the lines of "This is a trial product, we only have one, we will make more if there is a demand". Some of those products were introduced on the site more than two years ago. This aspect paired with how my previous order went, I'd be afraid to use anything mechanical from them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya, after buying the part, then being told after the fact that the Seibon parts aren't all that great pretty much cured me of ordering anything else there. I don't remember reading anything on the web site about it not being that great before I spent $100 on it.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
I'm afraid to buy any real parts from them now. If you notice on the site a lot of the cam gear kits and pulley kits still don't have proper descriptions. They still say something along the lines of "This is a trial product, we only have one, we will make more if there is a demand". Some of those products were introduced on the site more than two years ago. This aspect paired with how my previous order went, I'd be afraid to use anything mechanical from them.
Ive bought numerous things from there from headers, intakes, pulleys ect. all the orders took forever! Nothing more to say.

·
Registered
817 Posts
They still say something along the lines of "This is a trial product, we only have one, we will make more if there is a demand". Some of those products were introduced on the site more than two years ago.

Now to me that doesn't say anything about the business it says that there has been no interest on this product and they have not made more because of it.. You may not have been around Kias long enough to realize.. When someone says they are going to make a part for a Kia everyone says they are interested and wants to buy one. Shortly after the parts are made or a group buy is sorted out no one seems interested anymore.. People with Kias (it might even be the same on other make forums as well) seem to be interested in an item but never have the money to buy the item. Which not only wastes the time of the guy trying to organize a group buy or speaking to people trying locate someone to fabricate the part but it also wastes the time of those people who are involved in the manufactoring process of the part. Then the 2 or 3 people who were actually serious about the group buy get screwed out of the parts because everyone else talked about buying something with the money they knew they never had.

So I completly agree with Bill and only having 1 piece as a test item because the guy serious about buying it from the group buy will buy it, test it on his car, be compinsated for it and not have to wait for the dreamers to put money forward to get things done.. I can remember about 3 group buys for 2nd gen Rio hoods, we needed 10 people we had 15.. Come time to pay up to get the hoods started only 3 guys ever had cash in hand for it..

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
LOL Ive been with kias since 98. I know how it is. I was also a member of sk for over 5 years. I know how it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been noticing good comments AND bad comments about KFX. Most the bad comments are from no relpies from Bill, but I've recently contacted him about ordering the KFX front and side bumpers and the CR rear bumper and he replied in about a day or so tops. We've actually been emailing back and forth about the cost with shipping and if they're in stock, which he said they are in stock and ready to ship and he was prompt about sending me a price on the items + shipping. So maybe I just got to him at a good time, but so far it hasn't been a bad experience for me. Now once I order the parts, we'll see if that changes.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
It would be awsome if he got his act together now. Good company that can get good parts, just taken him years to work his bus up and going good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just order the KFX body kit from them and its over 10 days later and the site still says processing, he has the money and his description says in stock and ships in 10 days. I have a schedule to go by and if I don't get my kit soon I will cancel the order.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Have you tried to email him yet?.. Geesh have you not read the thread through yet? READ>COMPREHEND>POST. I know, it's hard.. Plus you posted this about 5 days ago so I am assuming the body kit came. 10 days usually means 10 business days also.

·
Registered
61 Posts
well I finally got an email from him about a week ago saying he will have the status updates fixed on the website by monday.. well it still says processing so its not fixed, still no kit. I have been very patient but my timer is counting down. This is absolutley ridiculous, so if anybody is thinking of buying from these guys don't waste the money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed that if you go on Streetkiaz, and complain, they delete your posts. At least that's what happened to me. Nothing personal against either one of the guys but almost 400 dollars just sitting in someone elses account kinda pisses me off. KDM has the same parts and says 5-14 business days. When I get my refund then I'll try them out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
11 Participants
bluehawkpilo
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing