Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 KIA SRENTO EX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a refurb. key fob online and followed the directions for programing but cant get it to work. Any suggestions Thanks:(:(

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,504 Posts
You got the wrong transmitter, is my guess.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
did you match the fcc-id (or whatever your country's ID number is). If it doesn't match, you got the wrong one. If it does, I would contact the seller and see if you can get a replacement

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2003 KIA Sedona and I misplaced my keyless remote. I now have purchased another one and need to know how to program the new one. I still have one remote that works in addition to the new one that does not work.

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,895 Posts
I have a 2003 KIA Sedona and I misplaced my keyless remote. I now have purchased another one and need to know how to program the new one. I still have one remote that works in addition to the new one that does not work.
A Sedona forum would probably be of more assistance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
FOB REPROGRAMMING 2008 Sorento

sorry did not see where to start new thread and came up empty in search.

how to reprogram the fob on 2008 Sorento LX, 4x4, 3.3L engine

my car was stolen (and recovered) and as yet unable ascertain how they got in, drove, etc. the key is basic (no chip as far as i know).

I would like to reprogram the FOB and have seen other sites talking about jumping from battery to diagnostic port 6 - that port on my car is empty - no pin or metallic anything in hole.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,895 Posts
You can't do that on later models (it only applies to pre-facelift Sorentos). As far as I know, noone ever came up with a DIY solution for later models. I had to get the dealer to do it for my new key+fob. I thought all the later models had immobilisers fitted, but I could be wrong (again!). Basically you cannot tell just by looking at key.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts