Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I seem to be having trouble with the .jpg attachment below. It will help identify the terminals on the 20 pin under hood diagnostic connect. But the following is the proceedure to program the transmitter, if it is compatible with your vehicle.

Turn ignition switch on, then jumper terminals 5 and 6 on the under hood diagnostic connector. Push and hold the LOCK button on the transmitter, and the turn signals should flash. If you have a second transmitter to program push the LOCK button at this time and the signals will flash. Then remove the jumper and turn the ignition off. You can only program 2 transmitters per vehicle. Hope this helps, and if you can not open the attachment just drop me a line and I will email it to you.

Kwalkman

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
This proceedure was used on a 2005 U.S. Sorento. The 20 pin connector is located on the left side of the Kia and at the right lower corner of the power distribution box and it is the same height as the box. Flip up the cover of the 20 pin connector and the configuration will match the picture that was attached in the previous post.

It should work as described. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Soul Base, 2014 Kia Sportage LX + Pop Package
395 Posts
Anyone know if this is effective on a 2004 Sorento? (Mine?) KiaMech or Manager, do you guys know?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Soul Base, 2014 Kia Sportage LX + Pop Package
395 Posts
I would rather do it than worry about driving it in and waiting for someone to come out. Knowing my luck they would find something wrong (even if it was fine) and I'd be talked into getting it "fixed" Bah.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this photo/instructions for the PLN BONTEC-T016 keyless entry? I have a 2006 Sorento. I think the 2004-2006 all use the same device. I so confuzed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts