Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 AWD Sorento GDI EX
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loaded the dogs into the car for a daily drive down to the beach. The radio was rocking and the dogs barking when I pulled up to the parking spot. I pushed the button to shut the Sorento off and the dash stayed lit, the key light was lit. I tried to start the Sorento and it wouldn't start. I contemplated the thought that the keyless ignition had completely failed. We tried to lock the car before going on our walk and it refused to lock. ?????

Due to the distractions and such, I had left the SOrento in Drive when I shut down the engine. Of course, this upset the computer mightily. We were thoroughly confused by the mixed messages the car was giving. Okay Okay, call it a senior moment. I decided to post this in case any of you have a weird keyless entry issue. CHeck that you're in park.:huh:

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
LOL.... did the same the other day over here on the East Coast..... it must be universal.....

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX V6
65 Posts
You can move your shifter up to 'N' and restart engine, and put into 'P 'after that.
Car will not restart with shifter in 'D' or 'R' it is a safety feature.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage EX
156 Posts
You can move your shifter up to 'N' and restart engine, and put into 'P 'after that.
Car will not restart with shifter in 'D' or 'R' it is a safety feature.
My third and last Ford was a 1968 Ford. One of the many problems it had was a defective interlock for the gear selector, which meant I could start it in gear. Fortunately, I never had an oops moment with it. That was the last Ford I ever owned. They may be better today, but I'll never buy another one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You don't have to start the car to put it into park. Just push the ON button again without your foot on the brake to put the ignition into the ON position (instead of the accessory position). Then you can put your foot on the brake (I suggest lightly) and slide the gear selector into park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts