Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Soul, 2.0L, auto, cruise control, traction control, keyless entry
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there's a way to verify whether or not this keyfob would work on my Kia Soul? Are they fairly universal? Or can you only get certain ones.

The dealership is wanting to charge an arm and a leg to sell me one and program one, so if I can save a little money and buy one online, I'd like to.

If anyone has any other suggestions for a key fob for a 2010 Kia Soul, let me know!

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
we have no details on your Soul as to which model, do you already have keyless entry? How much is this "arm and a leg" your talking about?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I updated my info. I'm still pretty new to this.

It has keyless entry equipped, I'm just missing the remotes. It's a 2010 Soul Sport. The dealer is wanting around $200 for everything, which includes the cheapest remote they have.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
thanks for the info update, two remotes come with the vehicle, did you just purchase it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer conveniently lost them, and I'm tired of fighting with them to get them replaced to free, which is one reason why I'm trying to buy my own to replace them. And have them programmed at another dealer.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
have you just been using a regular key? Your link looks like my 2012 FOB, but you would need the key cut to match your ignition and then reprogrammed.

You could pm member Cobra259 who is a part manager for a KIA dealership in the US (also one of the moderators) and he gives good prices and advice on parts.

If the dealer lost them then he's obligated to replace, so what is the hold up, he should get this sorted out right away. Doesn't take long to courier in a couple of key FOB's. However, it appears he is not doing this. You still didn't say, did you just purchase it?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
theweebleman.....send me a PM with the last 8 of your vin#, I'll see what I can do for you!
Conwelpic, thanks for the nice words!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
A new transmitter is no tcheap at all. $160.00 is list price on a new one. The best price I can do for you is $127.00. Kia part# is 95430 2K100. It has to be this part#. If you find a used one it MUST be for a Soul. These transmitter's are not interchangabul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts